England fans reported for racist chanting

'Build a bonfire' song featuring the Ferdi :censored:wit brothers

and

':censored: off, Rio Ferdinand ……' song to the tune of 'Go West'

Not racist at all, but hey this is Uefa and FIFA and they'll want an angle against the "English Scum'. These are the same idiots that charged Matthew Rose for reacting to being racially abused in Serbia.

Idiots….

Guest Scratch2000uk

Wow.."Fare executive director Piara Power said: "I personally think there was an undercurrent of race there." well he would wouldn't he Same fella who thinks a black man calling another black man a ni**er is ok! and calling an asian a coconut is fair play... Fkin hypocrite.

http://www.telegraph...iara-Powar.html

http://www.dailymail...an-coconut.html

Edited by Scratch2000uk

Some idiot on 5 Live this morning saying the song had Ku Klux Klan undercurrents.

It's a variation, albeit not a very good one, on the United song they sing every bloody week about the Scousers and City. I'm sure nobody's actually advocating burning the Ferdinands.

Some idiot on 5 Live this morning saying the song had Ku Klux Klan undercurrents.

The latest journalism masterclass from Ollie Holt describes it as having "connotations of the Deep South". Which is just factually wrong. It was a Catholic, in England, who was burned on a bonfire. You might have had a better case for trying to claim it as racist if it had been aimed at, say, Neil Lennon. Personally I think it was out of order bringing Anton Ferdinand into it - I can't see what he's done to attract abuse, other than having been called a 'black c**t' by John Terry, which he didn't actually make a complaint about - but it really doesn't help the efforts to combat racism when people like Holt use the issue to pursue their own agenda and chase publicity.

- but it really doesn't help the efforts to combat racism when people like Holt use the issue to pursue their own agenda and chase publicity.

Exactly this. Ollie Holt is the bigger problem on this one.

I can only assume he was nasty to a black kid at school and is now trying to make up for it in some way.

The chants happened. They were about black players. They weren't because the players were black.

This is made all the more ridiculous by the fact the group FARE, who made the original complaint, didn't actually have anyone at the game and are basing their reports on second hand media comments!

Give me strength....

Edited by Oafc88

The latest journalism masterclass from Ollie Holt describes it as having "connotations of the Deep South". Which is just factually wrong. It was a Catholic, in England, who was burned on a bonfire. You might have had a better case for trying to claim it as racist if it had been aimed at, say, Neil Lennon. Personally I think it was out of order bringing Anton Ferdinand into it - I can't see what he's done to attract abuse, other than having been called a 'black c**t' by John Terry, which he didn't actually make a complaint about - but it really doesn't help the efforts to combat racism when people like Holt use the issue to pursue their own agenda and chase publicity.

I anticipate that whoever started the chant (if it did happen) probably was a Chelsea fan. I do not want to let this thread turn into one about John Terry's alleged guilt - but the man was found not guilty in a court of law and therefore in the eyes of the law he is innocent and I can understand, even if I don't agree with it, somebody with a loyalty to Terry being aggrieved at Ferdinand in the light of that.

I am sure that's why Anton was brought into it, but any vitriol was evidently primarily aimed towards Rio on the grounds of his actions in the lead up to the game. Perhaps Anton's name just fits the song.

I have no beef with Ian Moore's mum at all.

Perhaps Anton's name just fits the song.

Even if it is something more sinister, the challenge has to be to prove it. Which nobody is going to.

Those with an interest in "fixing" racism should wait for a better moment. It will present itself in time.

Those with an interest in stirring the :censored: to fill column inches and their own bizarre agendas should just :censored: right off.