Bury metro link

Journey planner: http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/journeyplanner/enterJourneyPlan.do

Put your postcode in and Bury's postcode BL99HA and it will work out the best route, it may be quicker and cheaper to take the bus from a few places.

There are currently no plans to build a metro from Bury to Rochdale, it could be done relatively cheaply I suppose as there is already a steam railway line from Bury to Heywood (and a bit beyond) but it's probably not worth it.

If your not going into town centre for a beer the quickest walking route is to turn Right at the top of the escalator, cross the main road towards bury college, follow this road all the way down over a big and a mini roundabout, road ends at a tjunction with cemetery gates in front, turn right onto gigg lane. And wave at the 4th house on the left as thats my home....

I'll be heading over from Leeds probably via Piccadilly. If there are a few Tics meeting in city centre just say where and when. Massive game and can't even contemplate anything but a win. Maybe from a Mellor free-kick arrowed into the top corner in dying minutes in front of the vociferous travelling hordes. :)

A few Oldham fans going into the weatherspoons pub half picture i think its called right opposite the Tram station.

The art picture house mate. I recommend the knowsley a couple further down for cheap beer (£2 pints) and cheap food plus skysports.

Edited by keep_the_faith

The art picture house mate. I recommend the knowsley a couple further down for cheap beer (£2 pints) and cheap food plus skysports.

The Knowsley must have improved since I was last in then, it was a bit of a dive but that was 10 years ago.

The Knowsley must have improved since I was last in then, it was a bit of a dive but that was 10 years ago.

Dont get me wrong its not the nicest classiest establishment but for value for money cant do any better in bury. Avoid the Yates' unless your in the mood for a punch up

Dont get me wrong its not the nicest classiest establishment but for value for money cant do any better in bury. Avoid the Yates' unless your in the mood for a punch up

I've been in Yates' and its a Yates', the same for the original Spoons next door (Robert Peel). I know where I'm going having found IMHO the best pub in Bury last year. It might not be as good value as the Knowlesy (it will be more expensive), but as I don't drink lager or bitter I prefer where I'm going.

Good meeting spot but will suggest when all of us are in there walking to that pub mate cheers for the info.

Anyone happen to know if you can you buy a train ticket and metro rolled into one these days? eg I'm travelling from Greenfield - train to Victoria, tram to Bury...

Roughly what time are ppl rocking up in the Picture House place?

If you see a blond lad on his tod, looking slightly lost, confused and smelling a little bit of fish (blame Grimsby) then that'll be me - do say hello! :-)

Theres a english chippy-come-cafe , 3 takeaways and co-op all next to eachother opposite parkhills car dealership within 2 minutes walking of the ground. The 2 closest pubs are way too busy to get a table anytime after 1pm on a matchday.

If your coming on the m66 come off at pilsworth 1 junction before bury and turn left towards Bury and it takes you to a asda, mcdonalds and a brilliant Fayre and Square pub.

Theres a english chippy-come-cafe , 3 takeaways and co-op all next to eachother opposite parkhills car dealership within 2 minutes walking of the ground. The 2 closest pubs are way too busy to get a table anytime after 1pm on a matchday.

If your coming on the m66 come off at pilsworth 1 junction before bury and turn left towards Bury and it takes you to a asda, mcdonalds and a brilliant Fayre and Square pub.

You can walk to the ground easily from that pub too, there is a footpath down the lane (going away from Asda) that brings you out in the housing estate at the top end of Gigg Lane.