This is from a thread in another forum, joking ones aside e.g "Sometimes our players do this crazy thing where instead of losing, they decide to win a game", do we have any?

For example in Preston they carry a coffin across the town whenever they get promoted or relegated. Walsall drape the town statue of Sister Dora with a scarf whenever they get promoted, Hereford walk a bull around the pitch

the only one I can think of is the showing of the arse on the town hall steps but as I've only seen one promotion I'm not sure if that counts for any promotion or whether it was a 'if Latics ever get to Division 1, I'll show my arse on the town hall steps' kind of thing. I think it was probably the latter.

As for the goat....we did have a goat mascot pre WW1. In the 1913 Semi Final against Villa those B's up at Blackburn wouldnt let him in the ground. We lost. I think I'm also right in saying there was some rowdiness amongst our travelling army and the Villa keeper got hit with a bottle - maybe we could introduce that as a tradition whenever we play them.

My old man told me it started in the 60's with some Italian foreign exchange students in the Chaddy chanting about their own club. He also told me 'who ate all the pies' originated after pies sold out at BP and Elton John invited him for a pint away at Watford.

It wasn't until I was about 16 I realised how much bull:censored: he actually fed me as a kid.

My old man told me it started in the 60's with some Italian foreign exchange students in the Chaddy chanting about their own club. He also told me 'who ate all the pies' originated after pies sold out at BP and Elton John invited him for a pint away at Watford.

It wasn't until I was about 16 I realised how much bull:censored: he actually fed me as a kid.

I told my kids i was in The Beatles and played the tambourine, but don't spread this about !! they still believe it and are now 30 and 26 :-)