Lee Barnard Reaction

Simpson has put in good performances against Forest, Liverpool and Everton. How is it then that he hasn't managed three performances like that all season in the league? He's not interested. I'd have no hesitation in getting rid at the end of the season.

I'd happily drive him to another club. And I don't have a license. In fact I can't even drive.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How anyone can not see Simpson as lazy is beyond me, and I'm sure we are not the only set of fans to say it , and he is certainly not " limited" at this level, as he proved last year when he wanted a contract .

Lazy prick , get rid ASAP

Worst post of the day already.

Edited by welshgaz

After Forest I decided that I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for the 1st half of the season as he'd been suffering from injuries which had held back his fitness, but now I have no sympathy. Baxter coming into his exact position has made it harder for him but he deserved to be dropped before that and hasn't fought hard enough to get his place back when he's got opportunities. The stark contrast between his cup performances and league games shows that he's not been giving his all for most of the season. I can't believe how ineffective he's been on the pitch this season when he was such a focal point last year.

It's amazing to think that he was meant to be our key player at the start of the season, thank god he's hasn't or we would've been down by now!

torres has scored 20 goals this season !

jesus comparing torres and simpson, welshgaz why the constant defence of a player who has stolen a wage from our club all season ?

as per my earler point, get rid asap, its exactly this type of player who has us where we are (not alone of course), on the brink of relegation to the BOTTOM TIER OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL!

wake up eh son.

Stolen a wage!

Lee Johnson made him skipper in the last match. That suggests there is nothing wrong with his attitude.

As I have said imo it's s loss of form, if we are talking about players who don't put 100 per cent in let's talk about Montano.

Loving how a Lee Barnard thread is all about Robbie Simpson.

Changes in his life, pay cut, injuries, Baxter, played out of position. It's all messed him up. Good footballer not doing what we need. We should also scrap the hoof it up to him tactic. He's a far better player with the ball at his feet. Simpson, that is.

As I have said imo it's s loss of form, if we are talking about players who don't put 100 per cent in let's talk about Montano.

We could but it'd be a bit unfair. He's only just returned from a layoff following an injury sustained on New Years Day during a game when he was looking pretty lively. Even if you did want to take that argument further, I think people are just too quickly to question players' application. Injury aside, Montano started the season well and then suffered a dip in form. However, up until this season, his only experience was a few loan periods here and there so this was pretty much his breakthrough season when anyone would expect a dip in performance somewhere along the way. Add into that that he's still only 21 and a long way from home then it all adds up to a bit of a :censored: discussion.

Simpson has put in good performances against Forest, Liverpool and Everton. How is it then that he hasn't managed three performances like that all season in the league? He's not interested. I'd have no hesitation in getting rid at the end of the season.

WE could argue similarly of Matt smith. Luckily he scored a Very very important goal on Saturday.

Torres has lost it for 4 years.

The lad must be gutted with two European Championship medals with World Cup, FA Cup and a Champions League one sat alongside them. Oh and the Euros 2012 Golden Boot. 20 this season as well.

If we got crosses in the box Barnard would score more goals. He is proven at this level. If we had used him properly we wouldn't be worrying about relegation now. He will go somewhere else on loan and get plenty next season.

WE could argue similarly of Matt smith. Luckily he scored a Very very important goal on Saturday.

I don't agree.

We all know Smith isn't as talented as Simpson in terms of his all round game, but I would play Smith over Simpson every time.

Reason............ he gives a :censored:.

I wonder how many Lee Hughes would have scored for us this season?

The last player to break the curse of BP being a strikers graveyard.... Hopefully LJ can put this finally to bed next season

Love him or hate him, you can rest assured we wouldn't be where we are now.

Speaking of which, somebody recorded him on mobile whilst doing his community service in Macc so one was saying, Tevez turned on h and that was caught by someone else on mobile.....we shall see...

They should've jailed the arrogant sod in the first place, although I can think of about 200,000 reasons per week why they didn't.

Wonder if any of us would have been treated with such leniency.

They should've jailed the arrogant sod in the first place, although I can think of about 200,000 reasons per week why they didn't.

Wonder if any of us would have been treated with such leniency.

Driving without a license (and insurance) do people really get jailed for that?