Lee Barnard Reaction

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice his reaction after being subbed? I kind of like he has passion and wants too play but could this be LJ's first test in the form of petulant employees showing public disrespect for his authority? :deal:

Why, what happened?

Disrespect for authority or unhappy at not having made a contribution to the game? Could equally argue he wanted to do better and knows he didn't, and is showing a healthy anger at not having got a result out of his own performance.

Fuss over nothing.

He'd been feeding off scraps and probably thought he deserved a spell up front with Smith. That was my thoughts at the time, I'd have staggered the substitutions and given Barnard another 10 or 15 instead of Millar. Luckily I'm not the manager

Disrespect for authority or unhappy at not having made a contribution to the game? Could equally argue he wanted to do better and knows he didn't, and is showing a healthy anger at not having got a result out of his own performance.

Lol, footballers don't give a :censored: about that. When they sulk off, it's 99% always for the same petulant selfish reason of them wanting to stay on and throwing a hissy fit about it.

Fuss over nothing.

and yet if others from this or last season's squad had behaved similarly, some would have wanted to haul them over the coals for it. Thought he was poor yesterday and LJ got it right in taking him off. As has already been pointed out, he then created a scene in the dugout and went to sit down on an advertising board at the other end of the pitch. Smith and Millar emerged from the bench and won us 3 points.

I'd hope that Barnard is able to respond to his frustrations in the right way in future.

I think Barnard is overrated....he's come from a premiership club and played championship earlier he should be showing us more than he has......wouldn't be sorry if he left at the end of the season to be honest.

Well as he is only on loan i think we can assume that he will be leaving at the end of the season.

But he is a poacher and has plenty of pace -playing on the shoulder of the defender is where he should be utilised but as usual our service from everywhere is generally woeful.

Well as he is only on loan i think we can assume that he will be leaving at the end of the season.

But he is a poacher and has plenty of pace -playing on the shoulder of the defender is where he should be utilised but as usual our service from everywhere is generally woeful.

He's as good as they come at this level. It's a sad indictment of our supposed creative players that both he and Derbyshire haven't scored regularly in this side.

I think Barnard is overrated....he's come from a premiership club and played championship earlier he should be showing us more than he has......wouldn't be sorry if he left at the end of the season to be honest.

Overrated how? Like any striker he needs service, of which he's had none. He'll be leaving at the end of the season anyway, but we aren't going to attract many strikers with a better pedigree at this level than him.

Overrated how? Like any striker he needs service, of which he's had none. He'll be leaving at the end of the season anyway, but we aren't going to attract many strikers with a better pedigree at this level than him.

We might be better off in this league with a few non pedigree yard dogs.

Barnard Is as Stevie says as good as anything at this level. And yes the supply has been poor. Would be nice to see him start with smith!

This all the way.

I wish LJ all the best, but if he plays that lazy cnut Simpson one more time I am going to be very worried.

It's crying out for Millar, Smith and Barnard to start together.

Lancy I would love to agree back I just dont get the Simmo lazy thing. He's just limited as a footballer imo.

Agree about the front three!

gaz, when you look at what he gave us for that few months last season (granted it was only a few months), he was far and away better than anyone else around at our level.

He demolished Chesterfield at home and ran the show against various teams. His goal away at Liverpool was tremendous, he can shoot and his work rate can be great when he wants it.

He doesn't.

Simple as.

Can't see what Johnson see's in him, or Dickov for that matter.

Just look's like he can't be arsed to me.

Tbh I wouldn't have liked to be playing as the focal point of our strikeforce with the service provided this season either. We haven't played to his strengths on a regular basis, instead resorted to lumps forward, which are of much use as a ticket for bury.

Yeah, he was excellent for us on loan and I agree has not reached these levels since he signed permanently.

I probably do more than I should to stick up for him because of some of the great moments he has produced. I said the other day that he has suffered from being out of position. Yesterday he was in his best position and was poor granted.

When he does play we tend to use him as a target man which is strange even though he is fairly good in the air.

Edited by welshgaz

Yeah, he was excellent for us on loan and I agree has not reached these levels since he signed permanently.

I probably do more than I should to stick up for him because of some of the great moments he has produced. I said the other day that he has suffered from being out of position. Yesterday he was in his best position and was poor granted.

When he does play we tend to use him as a target man which is strange even though he is fairly good in the air.

I understand it but in football, the saying goes that you are only as good as your last game.

He has only had 1 or 2 games all season IMO.

Simpson has put in good performances against Forest, Liverpool and Everton. How is it then that he hasn't managed three performances like that all season in the league? He's not interested. I'd have no hesitation in getting rid at the end of the season.

He's not interested. I'd have no hesitation in getting rid at the end of the season.

That's where i'm at. Simmo was one of my favourite players last season. He should hang his head in shame for his "efforts" this season. For a player of his undoubted ability he should've been arrested for impersonating a footballer every match day this term. Never seen a player so utterly disinterested.

Edited by Break The Silence