Paul Murray

Was he really just brought in to replace Duxbury? cos sure seems that way to me.

Also Cliff Byrne now seems to have taken on the mantle of coach/mentor as if his playing days are over. I have to say I've been impressed with his constant geeing up from the sidelines.

yeah cliff has been fantastic, and really seems to have the respect of all the lads, seems like he really can talk a good game, however i dont think he will be here next season as LJ probably has his backroom team lined up. And i cant really comment on Murray as i dont watch the ressies, maybe bp1960 could shed some light on his coaching /managing style for me ?

yeah cliff has been fantastic, and really seems to have the respect of all the lads, seems like he really can talk a good game, however i dont think he will be here next season as LJ probably has his backroom team lined up. And i cant really comment on Murray as i dont watch the ressies, maybe bp1960 could shed some light on his coaching /managing style for me ?

Might as well have any Tom Dick or Harry taking charge of the reserves, the games are so few and far between and meaningless no one can hope to find any continuity. Unless the powers that be revert to a strong competitive league with over 16 clubs its a waste of staff, time and money.

Edited by BP1960

I sat right behind the dug out on Tuesday. Byrne was brilliant did really well marshaling Belizika and Mvoto. He wasn't at all happy with our marking at set pieces though.

Better sort it out quickly, Crawley are excellent on set plays.

Might as well have any Tom Dick or Harry taking charge of the reserves, the games are so few and far between and meaningless no one can hope to find any continuity. Unless the powers that be revert to a strong competitive league with over 16 clubs its a waste of staff, time and money.

They pulled out of a very competitive league because it was decided it didn't do the payers any good to get hammered every game.

They pulled out of a very competitive league because it was decided it didn't do the payers any good to get hammered every game.

The reserve league has been reduced 9 clubs, how can there be any continuity for youths stepping up with such a structure?

Is the expense of a dedicated reserve team manager really justified for so few fixtures ?