Pitch Invaders

The steward who stayed on the pitch, preventing the ref from restarting the game, was a tit too.

Bunch of knobs. Totally unnecessary and would have been ok if they'd done it at the final whistle.

Perhaps the £10 season ticket should only apply when an adult season ticket is bought.

Edited by opinions4u

Shows that them idiots don't give a :censored: about the club!

I'll be glad when the tickets stop being sold for a tenner and they've :censored:ed off next year then we'll see who the true fans are.

This just how narrow minded our so called fans are...

Edited by oldhamowl123

Probably first timers. They're bellends alright, but there's a sadder subtext. They think safety following a late winner against Crawley Town in the antepenultimate game of the season is an "on the pitch" moment. Tragic.

Agree.its a great feeling and a great turnaround for the club under Lee Johnson but surviving from playing in league 2 isn't really something to be proud of

Hang on a minute. Who says they're all £10 ST holders? Why not people at their first game of the season, there specifically because they've heard it's a pitch invasion-style event?

Of course not all of them will be.

But a fair chunk of them were. I say.

Of course not all of them will be.

But a fair chunk of them were. I say.

Maybe they'll learn their lesson. The £10 season ticket offer is a long-term plan to get youngsters on the hook for a lifetime of misery and we shouldn't pile into them, even if some of them did go on the pitch after the winner rather than waiting for the traditional time of the final whistle.

Hang on a minute. Who says they're all £10 ST holders? Why not people at their first game of the season, there specifically because they've heard it's a pitch invasion-style event?

Obviously not all ten pound season ticket holders but a majority of the fans that ran on the pitch were the kids that enjoy abusing the away fans near the barrier in the RRE.

These idiots are handing their money over dont forget. And those saying staying up is nothing to be proud of. Wake up and smell the coffee my friends because for a club like us...it is. This lot haven't seen successful football at Boundary Park in their lives.

That said I don't agree with the invasion.

Obviously not all ten pound season ticket holders but a majority of the fans that ran on the pitch were the kids that enjoy abusing the away fans near the barrier in the RRE.

I agree they shouldn't be on the pitch, but it's fair play for them to abuse the away fans. Youthful exuberance is all. A pitch invasion shouldn't mean an end to £10 season tickets is all I'm saying. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The ten pound season ticket scheme is a good idea, but has to be backed with an intermediary scheme for students up to 21 etc.

and as for them all being 10 pound tickets thats ridiculous i saw full grown men on there, and I would actually say most were between 16 and 20. pretty sure they wernt getting in for 10 pound season tickets

i reiterate. complete knobs

Refine. Not ditch.

Making a £10 season ticket contingent on someone buying an adult ticket is as good as ditching the £10 scheme. Mum or dad might not have the time to go or the money to buy a full ST. And besides, there comes a time when you want to go to the match with your mates rather than your old man or lady.

What bewildered me was that in the RRE, they had the kids penned in by blocking the exits at the end of each set of stairs, then lost the advantage by retreating to the pitch. Had they stayed where they were they could have concentrated on those choke points and not been so thinly spread. No point in retreating to the pitch if all you're going to do is let them run on anyway.

Not blaming the stewards, it was those bell-end kids that caused it - but the tactics didn't help......

Down side of having such a high percentage of children in the crowd due to cheap tickets ,the ones who invaded the pitch all have parents or guardians. .....no fear or respect of authority and what is right & wrong.

Its even worse that some of those so-called parents were taking their kids on to the pitch with them.