STRIKERS Keep or Let Go

Keep or Release?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Smith

2. 2. Robbie Simpson

3. 3. Dan Taylor

About Dan Taylor, I wouldn't like to let us be fooled by his lack of action under Dickov. The same Dickov that never played Mellor or Millar and had his unwavered favourite 11. He's been good in the 2 times he's actually had a chance in a league game and therefore deserves another season.

Simpson however has been completely underwhelming and not deserving of the size of contract he has. Get rid.

Then Matty Smith is a no-brainer.

About Dan Taylor, I wouldn't like to let us be fooled by his lack of action under Dickov. The same Dickov that never played Mellor or Millar and had his unwavered favourite 11. He's been good in the 2 times he's actually had a chance in a league game and therefore deserves another season.

Simpson however has been completely underwhelming and not deserving of the size of contract he has. Get rid.

Then Matty Smith is a no-brainer.

Is Taylor injured? I thought LJ would have at least give him a run in against the Shrews and Orient.

This poll suggests we have a chance of keeping them. Corney said Smith off to Championship, Simmo said he ll sign if club can afford him (& we might not want to spend a high % of budget on him) and Taylor can't be thrilled about sitting in a poor League 1 teams reserves while we average a goal a game.

Goals were our biggest issue last year, but that said the strikers don't bear all the blame because some of our build up play has been poor.

Whatever happens we need to decide how we are going to score and build a team to get the best out of the strikers.

As for Simpson; there's a good player in there if we can play to his strengths... smashing the ball at his head is not the best way to use him.

We need pace, pace and more pace up front next season so Smith and Simpson won't be a big loss. I'd keep Dan Taylor for another year as back up.

Smith hasn't got pace yet outscored Both Barnard and Derbyshire . It's not all about pace , its mostly about the service into the front men which has been poor especially with dickov intent on two defensive central midfielders .

Smith hasn't got pace yet outscored Both Barnard and Derbyshire . It's not all about pace , its mostly about the service into the front men which has been poor especially with dickov intent on two defensive central midfielders .

I'm talking Wayne Andrews kind of pace. Derbyshire wasn't that quick and Barnard definitely wasn't. Pace stretches teams.

Simpson has been the biggest disappointment of the season, so we won't miss him. Keep Smiffy if at all possible, but good luck to the big lad if he gets a move to a bigger club. Taylor could be worth hanging on to once he's over his injury and gets a good pre-season under his belt. He's not had a chance to prove himself yet.