Next Season's Shirt

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm going against the grain here, I quite like it, we're are back to the right shade of blue and I like the tangerine detail.

My preference would still be a blue Ajax style shirt with white shorts and socks. We flirted with it before, but I want to see a more simple design than those like the ones from the 50's and 60's.

Blue shorts, and for me you have a winner..

I think the priority is that the club make a bit of cash so we don't go the same way as Bury. If that's through a new kit, then so be it. It's not like we shift millions of them in Asia ala Man U. The price isn't particularly high. If you don't like it then buy a scarf.

I think the priority is that the club make a bit of cash so we don't go the same way as Bury. If that's through a new kit, then so be it. It's not like we shift millions of them in Asia ala Man U. The price isn't particularly high. If you don't like it then buy a scarf.

I thought we changed home kit every 2 years, Why 1 year with the present one?

.....because the club thinks it can make some more money! Yes, from its own fans. If you don't like this idea, don't buy it. They'll get the hint, the shop will be embarrassingly full of these new shirts, but then as I said Latics are not a Man U or Newcastle.

Just out of interest, I've followed Latics since 1986, here's the longevity of each of our Home Kits

1985-1987 - Spall Blue and White Home Shirt

1987-89 Umbro Grandad Collar - but the Sponsor had four incarnations. No Sponsor, 'Martins', (1988) 'Lees' (!988-89) and when Home colours were worn away 'Maxwell' (1988-89)

1989-91 Blue Collar - Bovis Umbro Shirt

1991-93 Red Collar Bovis Shirt, (1991-92) No Sponsor (1992) then JD Sports (1992/93)

1993-95 Blue Red Pin Stripe Umbro White Collar

1995-96 Blue Red Collar Umbro

1996-98 Red and Blue Stripes Pony

1998-00 Blue and White 'Slumberland Pony

2000-02 White and Blue Slumberland (2000-01) Sparta Torag (01-02)

2002-04 Blue with white piping - Torag (2002-03) Horners 03/04

2004-05 Carlotti White Round Collar (Horners)

2005-07 Carlotti Centenary Blue and White V Neck - Carlotti (2005-06) HIllstone Dev 06/07

2007-08 Carlotti Grandad Collar - Hillstones (07-08)

2008-10 Cabrini Shiny Blue and White - 'Carbrini'

2010-12 Carbrini Blue and white - Carbrini

2012-13 French Blue Bollocks

2013-14 Leicester City

In the 27 years I've known, we've only had FOUR home shirts that have had a shelf life of a year, once because of coming to the end of a supply contract (1995-96), Once probably because the club wanted to cash in on the BP Centenary, once because Hillstones had gone bump and the club saw it as a chance to cash in. And :censored: knows why we've done it this year, but there you go and that is the way most teams are going. In fact my RL team Saints change their kit every year. The result? I've bought three shirts in 10 years. If that's the way Latics want to do it, then they must be prepared for people taking a similar stance. I for one won't be buying 6 more shirts this year like I did last season. But good luck to them if they can cash in on it fair enough.

I mean we have a new team every season, might as well give them a couple of new kits to wear too…. 17 new kits in 28 seasons come August, not a travesty by all means...

The scum in that time have had 19

Liverpool 19 too

Edited by oafcprozac