The random Latics goal request thread

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either or both of the Currie goals at Sheff Wed in 1990/1 ......we were two nil up at half time & they had hit the post 5 times.

Currie and Henry mate, I'll put the whole highlights on of that one as Hallworth's performance was absolutely awesome that day...

Edited by oafcprozac

What a top class thread!

The first ever Latics match I went to was a Premier League clash at Boundary Park against Coventry. It was a brilliant match. I think it finished 4-4, or maybe 3-3. Paul Bernard got our first, Ritchie scored a penalty and Olney got at least one goal.

That match is one of my happiest football memories ever. If any of the goals from that can be found I'd be delighted - I haven't seen them since I saw them live!

By the way - this thread makes a brilliant resource and news/opinion source even better. I think I will donate another few pounds to the site by way of appreciation.

What a top class thread!

The first ever Latics match I went to was a Premier League clash at Boundary Park against Coventry. It was a brilliant match. I think it finished 4-4, or maybe 3-3. Paul Bernard got our first, Ritchie scored a penalty and Olney got at least one goal.

That match is one of my happiest football memories ever. If any of the goals from that can be found I'd be delighted - I haven't seen them since I saw them live!

By the way - this thread makes a brilliant resource and news/opinion source even better. I think I will donate another few pounds to the site by way of appreciation.

3-3 mate - August '93 we were 1 down but then 3-1 with 5 minutes to go and typically blew it! Bernard, Olney and a Stitch Penalty….

And yes got the goals on VHS so will upload in due course for you!

3-3 mate - August '93 we were 1 down but then 3-1 with 5 minutes to go and typically blew it! Bernard, Olney and a Stitch Penalty….

And yes got the goals on VHS so will upload in due course for you!

Thanks so much! It will be amazing to see them again. I don't know where I got the extra goals from thinking it was 4-4, but I remember Ritchie having a stormer of a game, setting up Olney's goal if I'm not mistaken, and hammering the penalty into the top corner. Happy days!

Thanks again!

Have you got the 2-1 (or was it 3-2) win over Barnsley at BP with the 2 last minute goals, I've never seen them. I'm guessing it was around 2006.

Also the 4-3 victory over Bristol City at BP, I was on holiday for both of these and have never seen the goals anywhere.

Finally, Kilkenny's goal away at Doncaster in the FA Cup!

Cheers Prozac

Prozac - my first Latics game was when we beat QPR 4-1 at BP the season we were relegated from the Premiership. I've never seen the goals since so if you could please pop them on too I'd be very grateful!

Have you got the 2-1 (or was it 3-2) win over Barnsley at BP with the 2 last minute goals, I've never seen them. I'm guessing it was around 2006.

Also the 4-3 victory over Bristol City at BP, I was on holiday for both of these and have never seen the goals anywhere.

Finally, Kilkenny's goal away at Doncaster in the FA Cup!

Cheers Prozac

I don't think that Donny goal has ever been shown on TV making it a unique shared experience for those of us who had the pleasure to witness it. Stunner.

Sorry leyland only have until end of 03/04 season the Barnsley gave was nov '04, other games you mentioned oct '05 and Nov '07 I've never seen the kk goal either we have premium TV to thank for binning our archive from 2001-2009 when they upgraded to FLi in 2009

Got littlejohn march '97 v Watford but not Thurrock

Cheers. Last one but have you got Reading away (think it was 2000/01) last minute equaliser? Only ask as I remember being on the football league show (equivalent) celebrating with a jig.