AFB Bournemouth v Real Madrid

Bournemouth have managed to land a glamourous home friendly against Real Madrid. Fantastic new for the fans you would think until they announced that they are charging £60 a ticket (£5 discount for season ticket holders).

That seems ridiculous to me. There can be no guarantee that Madrid will play anything like a full team either. I'm sure most of their stars will be in the squad but I can't see the likes of Ronaldo putting in 90 minutes.

**AFC Bournemouth, obviously, not AFB**

Edited by Latics & England

Just read the BBC article and it says they will be bringing the Madrid 1st team with only the 3 con-fed cup players being rested. After reading some Bournemouth forums, and thinking if we were in that position, I agree with the opinion of some of their fans that they and I would probably (reluctantly) pay it especially if it is confirmed the 1st team will show.

Also on a side note, after having had a look at a couple of their forums, a query for any of the mods who might read this. I noticed on one Bournemouth messageboard a sub forum for opposition fans to post in without being members of the messageboard. Is that something that would add to this the board and is it possible? Has it already been thought about and dismissed? Thinking back to the JKLatics days I do miss some of the banter rival fans could bring (albeit with a lot of trolls). I know we get oppo fans on here sometimes but can't help but think it might put a fair few more off having to sign up to be a member (I know its nothing ardous but people are lazy!). Thoughts?

Just read the BBC article and it says they will be bringing the Madrid 1st team with only the 3 con-fed cup players being rested. After reading some Bournemouth forums, and thinking if we were in that position, I agree with the opinion of some of their fans that they and I would probably (reluctantly) pay it especially if it is confirmed the 1st team will show.

Also on a side note, after having had a look at a couple of their forums, a query for any of the mods who might read this. I noticed on one Bournemouth messageboard a sub forum for opposition fans to post in without being members of the messageboard. Is that something that would add to this the board and is it possible? Has it already been thought about and dismissed? Thinking back to the JKLatics days I do miss some of the banter rival fans could bring (albeit with a lot of trolls). I know we get oppo fans on here sometimes but can't help but think it might put a fair few more off having to sign up to be a member (I know its nothing ardous but people are lazy!). Thoughts?

Agreed, some of the decent banter is lost and that's a shame but if we opened the floodgates then we'd be inundated with the sort of nonsense that ruined JKL. That was one of the reasons for starting up OWTB.

Not a chance. One set of moaning, argumentative gets is plenty.

We'd actually have to do some work again, and we can't be having that...

Agreed, some of the decent banter is lost and that's a shame but if we opened the floodgates then we'd be inundated with the sort of nonsense that ruined JKL. That was one of the reasons for starting up OWTB.

Aye fair enough was just curious to see what you guys might of thought.

There is no way I would pay £60 to watch a friendly no matter who it was. This smacks of exploiting the fans to pay for Real Madrids overpaid nancy boys to show up for a couple of hours, and shove some money in the directors pockets. If it was a champions league semi final maybe it would be ok, but this is taking the p**s.

If we did it, some :censored: would moan about it.