glossop today

Liked the left back and bove stood out, good work ethic.

Thought we defended resolutely late on, keeper all at sea at times.

Enjoyed that, sun bathing with the kids, with a few cold ones...

Left back In question = Truelove??

He impressed me vs in the 1st pre-season game.

Doesn't look qood crop this season prozac, technically poor and they could hardly string 2 passes together.

The win was against a Glossop team with several trialists, even so the Latics youth were very fortunate.

I thought Danny Byrnes was a massive disappointment, far too timid.

The best bit was TP in sweltering conditions shouting to one his players '"Are you going to break sweat today".

Edited by BP1960

Only the 2nd friendly BP, sweltering conditions it was an effort simply to raise my pint today!

I though Glossop were very physical and the ref was over over officious, people see things differently and there's a couple that looked ok to me.

nice to finally meet you yesterday Dave, Truelove was the stand out from yesterday though I missed his goal as I was in the bar getting a pint (it's not often I can say that at a match in the UK)

And you Tom, cant beat watching a match on a warm summers day with a cold beer in hand......

Glossop no17, Steve Moore is a fireman. Used to be at my station. He's had more clubs than Nic Anelka! Good lad though.....

He played well, showed some of our youngsters up for technique.

Edited by BP1960

Normally agree with you whole-heartedly BP, but bloody hell you are harsh on a team that changed markedly in the 2nd half and was played in searing heat AND was a bloomin' friendly!

Among other things I look for technique in youngsters prozac and it just wasn't there I'm afraid, it's not just Latics it's the state of English football in general.