Centre Back Pairing.

I keep re reading this and, I have to be honest, it's blowing my mind.

Like trying to contemplate the Universe.

Isn't it just the distinction between winning by playing attacking football rather than winning by playing defensively?! Ie, we'll score more than you, as opposed to we'll concede fewer than you?

I think. Makes sense to me anyway.

Isn't it just the distinction between winning by playing attacking football rather than winning by playing defensively?! Ie, we'll score more than you, as opposed to we'll concede fewer than you?

I think he was being deeper than that.

Good team are good because they have the right balance between attack and defence.

Our defence is currently dodgy.

I don't like this idea of winning because we are going to score more goals than the other team. We aren't exactly known for scoring lots of goals and it puts pressure on the forwards.

What's wrong with Byrne?!

He played 40 games last season, well.

Vital that we keep him for me.

Getting rid would make Byrne to LJ what Gregan was to Dickov.

This, it should be Byrne and AN Other for me. His distribution is better than some on here give him credit for too. I've given my theory on why Mellor was playing at CB in the friendlies before so don't really want to repeat myself more than I normally do.

Regardless of pace and the way LJ wants to play, Byrne is a good defender at this level, rarely makes mistakes and very experienced.

I'd say he's the most reliable defender we have at the minute! So it's Byrne + Tarky for me.

Watch the game against Liverpool and the defending Byrne did kept us in that game.