Sky bet handicap

It's people's general attitudes, why can't they just be optimistic for a new season?

The vast majority of comments I've seen on this board for weeks have been positive.

Optimism is subjective anyway. You can be optimistic without thinking we'll get in the play-offs.

For a simpleton like me, does this handicap betting mean if we finish within X amount of points of the winner of league one you get paid out?

It is the full handicap league, basically if someone with a higher handicap finishes above us, you've lost.

So we are +27, if Stevenage on +32 finish above us they "win" the league.

Of course, the handicap has to take you above the top placed team in real life so if Wolves finish on 87 points and win the league, we need 61 and need to be above anyone with a higher handicap like Stevenage.

There are only four teams below us, so if we have a decent season, we should produce on this bet. There is always the danger of Port Vale (+25) scoring 3 more points than us and winning outright, but it's a slim chance IF we have a decent season.

Probably not explained it well but the handicap figure is added onto ALL points totals at the end of the season, in effect Stevenage are top of the league now with a 32 point lead without playing a game.

Edited by blueatheart

just remenber on the handicap it isnt just wolves total we have to beat, every other teams handicaps are added at the end of the season as well. yeovil won our handicap league last season with 105 points and second place had a total of 100 points so we should be close with a real life points total of 70-80. im going +28 points with ladbrokes (every point counts) £50 winim also waiting back on the odds for us to be highest goalscorers in the league and 4 or more players to score 10 or more league goals.

Skybet have just sent me an email and are having a look at the odds and will let me know in the next 4 hours if anyone is interested.

Nah, that's for us to be winning at the end of the first half and if we draw the second half you still win.

This is the one fella

rmsp3c.jpg

Basically 10/1 to outscore them in both halves.

Might not be a bad idea to straddle it with the same bet in Stevenage's favour either

Edited by PlayItLivo

Nah, that's for us to be winning at the end of the first half and if we draw the second half you still win.

This is the one fellarmsp3c.jpg

Basically 10/1 to outscore them in both halves.

Might not be a bad idea to straddle it with the same bet in Stevenage's favour either

I've had a bit of that, cheers