Capital One Cup: First Round Predictions

So, here's my predictions for the Capital One Cup first round!

I have us to beat Derby, I think with our attacking outlets and a bit more concentration at the back we could turn over a Derby side with less rest/youngsters. I also reckon Wolves could get beat and Preston could turn Blackpool over.

http://iamjonesyyoafc.blog.com/2013/08/04/capital-one-cup-first-round-predictions/

I'd really appreciate it if you could leave a comment on the site if you don't agree with some of the predictions or for any other reason!

Thanks all.

Depends what team they put out, wouldn't be surprised to see a team almost full of their fringe players having played today. I'll go for 3-2 Latics. Will be great to see Mellor and Tarky come up against higher level opposition and even if we concede a couple it can only be good in the long term!

for me it ALL depends on what team they play, their strongest XI against ours they should win, but anything can happen and we do have a strong chance because of the goals in our side

Nottingham Forest's Strongest XI should've beaten us.

Everton's pretty much Strongest XI should've beaten us first time round.

You just never know.

that's why i said we always have a chance, but realistically we should get beat! im not a realist so **** it 3-2 latics... JCH x2 and Baxter - about 4500 there??

HAHA true! I reckon there could be well over 5000 tbh mate, we'll take a few after Saturday's results + the 2-for-1 offer! I'm hoping for 3-2 aswell but I can see the scorers being Baxter, JCH and Roooooooooney.

yeah true pal.

I assume Derby will bring quite a few which should make it easier to push the number above 5000, especially for Joksts!;)

Just had a look at the Derby forum, a couple have predicted 1-0 wins for us, others ridiculously comfortable wins for them, this caught my eye though;

Rampant

"I thought we'd make close to 11 changes from today's team for the Oldham match. Didn't Clough hint at that after our game versus Blackburn was switched to today?"

hope we push the 5000 it is our first home game of the season aswell, and the closer we get the optimistic i am - when we first got drew against them i thought ffs no chance of second round! but maybe just maybe

I reckon we will, 700 tickets already sold is a good sign really.

I honestly think we will do well to get 3500 on Tuesday, at this stage of the competition people are still apathetic to it. But beat Derby and get another home tie which we win, then the buzz picks up around the place and next thing we are queueing for tickets (2 per season ticket of course :smoking: )

I honestly think we will do well to get 3500 on Tuesday, at this stage of the competition people are still apathetic to it. But beat Derby and get another home tie which we win, then the buzz picks up around the place and next thing we are queueing for tickets (2 per season ticket of course :smoking: )

The 2-for-1 deal will have attracted some that usually wouldn't go and the cheaper ticket prices than usual will also have caught the eye for some. I honestly expect Derby to bring about a thousand down for their first away game of the season. And with the buzz around BP after Saturday I wouldn't be surprised to see a few extra tics.