Tonights game

Connor Brown was excellent last night. It was a very clever run by Sammon that split our centre-backs and left created loads of space - not sure it was anything to do with Brown.

Tarky was superb also. After some of his mistakes and low confidence under PD, can't believe we're now seeing him confident at the back against Championship opposition - spraying passes.

We're exaggerating the defence big time. Yes, we still look shaky from long balls - but you've admitted Sammon was awesome, and Mellor and Tarky still have time to learn. The likes of M'Voto etc were more comfortable dealing with long balls, but how many 'scary moments' have we had with our centre-backs trying to control the ball and pick a pass - or even just hoof it!!

We played some superb stuff last night. You're always going to get the 'FORWARD!' idiots but the majority will be grateful for a much better standard of football. That was a different league to Dickov. The fact Mellor and Tarky and bring it out and link play is fantastic.

If we get the loan CB, he may partner him with just Tarky and have the one playmaker and the one who deals with the dirty stuff. Mellor I would like to see with Smith in CM if we go more defensive in midfield.

And people asking for a good, experienced CB as a new signing. Get real. If it was that easy we'd already have one!

We seemed to lose rhythm once Baxter went up top - I presume JCH came off with an injury. He is a big threat running with the ball but noticed his movement off Rooney, reading play, wasn't so good. MacDonald was very clever in that regard on Sat. JCH is a great prospect, though, and it's very refreshing to have lots of options. Think back to last season!

Connor Brown was excellent last night. It was a very clever run by Sammon that split our centre-backs and left created loads of space - not sure it was anything to do with Brown.

Tarky was superb also. After some of his mistakes and low confidence under PD, can't believe we're now seeing him confident at the back against Championship opposition - spraying passes.

We're exaggerating the defence big time. Yes, we still look shaky from long balls - but you've admitted Sammon was awesome, and Mellor and Tarky still have time to learn. The likes of M'Voto etc were more comfortable dealing with long balls, but how many 'scary moments' have we had with our centre-backs trying to control the ball and pick a pass - or even just hoof it!!

We played some superb stuff last night. You're always going to get the 'FORWARD!' idiots but the majority will be grateful for a much better standard of football. That was a different league to Dickov. The fact Mellor and Tarky and bring it out and link play is fantastic.

If we get the loan CB, he may partner him with just Tarky and have the one playmaker and the one who deals with the dirty stuff. Mellor I would like to see with Smith in CM if we go more defensive in midfield.

And people asking for a good, experienced CB as a new signing. Get real. If it was that easy we'd already have one!

We seemed to lose rhythm once Baxter went up top - I presume JCH came off with an injury. He is a big threat running with the ball but noticed his movement off Rooney, reading play, wasn't so good. MacDonald was very clever in that regard on Sat. JCH is a great prospect, though, and it's very refreshing to have lots of options. Think back to last season!

I've been a massive fan of JCH all pre season - but you have nailed it on the head. There was a couple of times in the first half I was thinking "where the F*** is he running too?" when rooney had the ball and was running at their defence.

Looks a cracking player though, big frame, strong, quick, ridiculous power on his shot, he was insane in the warm up. Just needs to work on his off the ball runs which im sure will improve

I know it's hyporthetical and a big if, which probably makes this pointless asking....but WTF. Had Monty's effort gone in and extra time ensued, would we now but chatting slightly different?

I'd hope we'd be talking realistically, somewhere between happy clapping and doom and gloom posts.

As I saw it last night, first half we competed well against a decent championship side. Second half they targeted our frailties and stifled us.

It was a good effort and hopefully a valuable learning curve for our younger players especially. Roll on Saturday.

I've been a massive fan of JCH all pre season - but you have nailed it on the head. There was a couple of times in the first half I was thinking "where the F*** is he running too?" when rooney had the ball and was running at their defence.

Looks a cracking player though, big frame, strong, quick, ridiculous power on his shot, he was insane in the warm up. Just needs to work on his off the ball runs which im sure will improve

Only seen him twice (once for Bury and last night), but I've come to the conclusion that JCH will be in one of two places in 5 years : 1) The Premier League or, most likely, 2) Prison...

Only seen him twice (once for Bury and last night), but I've come to the conclusion that JCH will be in one of two places in 5 years : 1) The Premier League or, most likely, 2) Prison...

Talking post-game in the Range and I said similar - less the prison bit actually :wink: I went with non-league

If LJ and his backroom team can 'manage' him, his development on the pitch; but more importantly off the pitch, he should make to the greedy league.

He has all the attributes you'd look for in a young player - strength, pace, power, ability & touch on the ball, natural spring and leaping ability.....

If he can keep grounded, grow up and mature off the pitch, and continue to develop on his abilities on the pitch, he should reach the highest league.

Edited by slystallone

He looks the type to carry a knife with him and use it...

Stop and search failed percentage wise, maybe give the plod a call Lee with your talent spotting skills!!

It's documented the lad comes from or had experiences with parts of society most wouldn't wish for their kids, lets just hope football is his route out

You won't find me moaning about trying to play football out from the back. Some people define a brave footballer as someone who sticks their head where most won't put their feet but, for me, bravery on the field is always wanting the ball, something that both Tarkowski and Mellor did despite losing possession on a few occasions. One of the lads we were with tonight kept moaning for them to lump it forward. If they resort to that, then rule me out folks...

you can't play it out from the back all the time though. i'd have liked to have seen us push out quicker and the keeper distribute the ball as soon as he has it more often. happened once I think and he sent Sidney away. Askin for trouble if we are one dimensional. I don't want to lump it. just don't give it a defender all the time. especially a defender that isn't fully comfortable as we saw with tarky and mellor.

you can't play it out from the back all the time though. i'd have liked to have seen us push out quicker and the keeper distribute the ball as soon as he has it more often. happened once I think and he sent Sidney away. Askin for trouble if we are one dimensional. I don't want to lump it. just don't give it a defender all the time. especially a defender that isn't fully comfortable as we saw with tarky and mellor.

I'm no fan of Tarky, but he is very comfortable on the ball.

And, as for Mellor : with the obvious exception of Smith and Baxter, Mellor is the most comfortable player we have with the football...

I'm no fan of Tarky, but he is very comfortable on the ball.

And, as for Mellor : with the obvious exception of Smith and Baxter, Mellor is the most comfortable player we have with the football...

sorry, I didn't mean comfortable on the ball. just not entirely comfortable with the partnership. there were a few occasions when they were leaving it to each other, ball got passed straight to a derby player, etc.

If LJ and his backroom team can 'manage' him, his development on the pitch; but more importantly off the pitch, he should make to the greedy league.

He has all the attributes you'd look for in a young player - strength, pace, power, ability & touch on the ball, natural spring and leaping ability.....

If he can keep grounded, grow up and mature off the pitch, and continue to develop on his abilities on the pitch, he should reach the highest league.

It's documented the lad comes from or had experiences with parts of society most wouldn't wish for their kids, lets just hope football is his route out

Watched the post-Stanley LP video and he comes across really well. Seems very switched on, with a real respect for LJ. I'm a fan :chubb:

Plus he's a kid. He's going to make hot-headed mistakes BUT he seems intelligent enough to not make the same mistake twice if he's told to not to.. at least not on purpose anyway, beast that he is!

My Dad came to game last night, he didnt really gonto many at all last season; 1 or 2 max (entertaining football does bring some back; but that's for another topic)

He asked what JCH was like in the car to the game and I said 'beast'.

When we were 5-10mins into the game, he turned and said he could see what I meant.

He was amazed he's a teenager too.

Beast. We should do a song for him with that as the theme. Or a t-shirt. Or a cuddly toy. Something beast related anyway.

My Dad came to game last night, he didnt really gonto many at all last season; 1 or 2 max (entertaining football does bring some back; but that's for another topic)

When we were 5-10mins into the game, he turned and said he could see what I meant.

Beast. We should do a song for him with that as the theme. Or a t-shirt. Or a cuddly toy. Something beast related anyway.

I assume they house him in M'Voto's cage behind the Chaddy End.

First time I'd seen JCH last night and was surprised at the size of him. Ginormous.

I couldn't work out what Sydney was supposed to be doing after he came on, he was like the Scarlet Pimpernel, even his own team mates didn't know his whereabouts on the field.