Wigan alleged to have only sold 5500 tickets

At some point, there is a chance this would happen when you make teams play at Wembley so often. Wembley for the 3rd time in 5 months for a glorified friendly all of a sudden wouldn't seem so glamorous I reckon.

How much are tickets? I can't imagine they are cheap. If I were a Wigan fan I'd probably save my money for Europe.

That plus getting back to Wigan from London after the game is difficult. It's a weird situation, on the one hand I want to laugh at them because it's Wigan but on the other hand I feel sorry because there are a lot of external factors as to why they have sold so few tickets.

From Espn earlier this week

The traditional season-opener at Wembley, the Community Shield, could be played out against a backdrop of swathes of empty seats after it was revealed that Wigan have only sold 4000 tickets for the match against Manchester United.

Wigan, one of the poorest-supported sides in the top flight before their relegation last season, were offered 15,000 tickets but only took up 7500 and the club has failed to shift even that number. The only solace for the FA is that Manchester United quickly sold the 38,000 they were allocated and have almost disposed of an additional 7500 they were subsequently granted.