• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was cliff one of the centre halves who let the ball run accross the box for their goal on saturday?

Was cliff one of the centre halves who went walkies, then stood there like a lemon not willing to get back in line?*

Was he the one who decided to be 5 yards deeper than the rest of the defense playing someone onside, but run with his hand in the air playing the offside trap??*

*This one managed to get man of the match too!!

For the record I thought tarky had a decent game on saturday. His positioning is appalling though. Sitting on the side it really highlights this. I'd love to see statistics of goals conceded and results with and without Tarky in the side. I very much doubt it would be favourable to him.

I think he has all the atributes to be a decent defender, if coached well - and has a partner who will help him.

Was Tarky the one who was centre back when we managed one point out of twenty seven last season,no,but Byrne was.

Was Tarky the one who was centre back when we managed one point out of twenty seven last season,no,but Byrne was.

Byrne was also part of the team that completed possibly our most famous FA Cup victory ever last season..

Fully fit, Tarky and Byrne should be our first-choice centre-back pairing from the squad we have - playing one off against each other is a bit pointless.

Edited by JoeP

Sorry lost the will to read the rest of the replies after a professional footballers wife comes onto the club unofficial website to defend her hubby from the nasty fans. wow!!

Long Time Blue, your perfectly entitled to pay your money and then voice your opinion on a player, that lets face facts was shocking on Sat.

If Mr Byrne is so good at inspiring the young lads, which I have no doubt he is, then surely he should become a coach rather than carry on playing??

Now I also though Connor Brown was crap Saturday, I pray to god his missus doesn't have a go at me because of this comment...

Edited by alex_balls

Sorry lost the will to read the rest of the replies after a professional footballers wife comes onto the club unofficial website to defend her hubby from the nasty fans. wow!!

Long Time Blue, your perfectly entitled to pay your money and then voice your opinion on a player, that lets face facts was shocking on Sat.

If Mr Byrne is so good at inspiring the young lads, which I have no doubt he is, then surely he should become a coach rather than carry on playing??

Now I also though Connor Brown was crap Saturday, I pray to goo his missus doesn't have a go at me because of this comment...

Why shouldn't she be able to have a go at you? why is it one way?

Because her view is totally one sided, i.e. my hubby can do no wrong, plus its totally cringe, whilst also watching the game with a complimentary ticket, anyone on here having a pop at his poor performance more than likely shelled out a fair bit of hard earned to have that view

Because her view is totally one sided

Aren't most views?

whilst also watching the game with a complimentary ticket, anyone on here having a pop at his poor performance more than likely shelled out a fair bit of hard earned to have that view

That, politely, is a totally :censored:ing ridiculous statement.

You're entitled to a view.

She's entitled to a view.

The price of the ticket does not inhibit the right to say what you think.

Aren't most views?

That, politely, is a totally :censored:ing ridiculous statement.

You're entitled to a view.

She's entitled to a view.

The price of the ticket does not inhibit the right to say what you think.

That made me chuckle.

Fair do's, I just found it uncomfortable reading, that people who were so staunch in their opinion, felt they had to back track/apologise just because a players wife didn't like a few home truths, that weren't even aimed at her but aired on a message board that is surely created for the very purpose to air your view???

Plus, I believe that the amount you spend does give you more of a right, surely if you travel all round the country going to every game, and spend an absolute fortune, you feel you have more of a right to have a pop at a player who has had a shocker, who's wife only watches when a complimentary ticket has been sourced at the ticket office?

Edited by alex_balls

This thread is too funny now! Its different to say the least but if my wife came on here defending me against my critics I would die of embarrassment lol This can't be real surely? Imagine the banter in the dressing room if his team mates find out lol At the end of the day hes no Pique but in my eyes this place is like a pub tap room its banter and opinions his best games are behind him fact nobody means anyone any malice whatever next WAGS against criticism campaign lol

IMO its what makes a board like this a success opinions from everyone but if my wife came on here to fight my corner I wouldn't be so appreciative and I would be thinking of the lads in the dressing room the day after lol Banter heaven this one lol

That made me chuckle.

Fair do's, I just found it uncomfortable reading, that people who were so staunch in their opinion, felt they had to back track/apologise just because a players wife didn't like a few home truths, that weren't even aimed at her but aired on a message board that is surely created for the very purpose to air your view???

I do see where you're coming from (although I maintain that Byrne should still be playing centre-back, with Mellor in midfield...).

Fans just don't view things the same way as those who make a livelihood at the club do - stuff posted on here is completely detached from the fact that Player X (or Manager X or Chairman X...) is just a bloke doing a job. All personnel associated with the club should understand that.

It's a fans' messageboard, which is never going to be a place for rationale or sensitivity.

Edited by JoeP

IMO its what makes a board like this a success opinions from everyone but if my wife came on here to fight my corner I wouldn't be so appreciative and I would be thinking of the lads in the dressing room the day after lol Banter heaven this one lol

Sandra never mentioned in her post that she was Cliff's wife. We saddo fans only know this coz we stalk our 'heroes' on twitter (and then moan about them on here when we're disappointed with something). It wasn't even a blindly loyal defence, her post was a well reasoned response to a few OTT comments and provides a reminder that family, friends and the players themselves read these boards so let's try not to type anything that you wouldn't be prepared to say to someone's face. This can be done without watering down opinions. No-one had a problem with Connor Browns brother posting so I say fair play Sandra and anyone else connected to a player who wants to keep some of our rants in check!!

Sandra never mentioned in her post that she was Cliff's wife. We saddo fans only know this coz we stalk our 'heroes' on twitter (and then moan about them on here when we're disappointed with something). It wasn't even a blindly loyal defence, her post was a well reasoned response to a few OTT comments and provides a reminder that family, friends and the players themselves read these boards so let's try not to type anything that you wouldn't be prepared to say to someone's face. This can be done without watering down opinions. No-one had a problem with Connor Browns brother posting so I say fair play Sandra and anyone else connected to a player who wants to keep some of our rants in check!!

Mrs Byrne has in the past let us know who she is on here. Quite a few of us have good enough memories to remember that little snippet of detail; especially as her username on here is very similar to her twitter user name and she is regularly RT by her husband; as would be expected. It's the same as to how a lot of us know who "newyorkboss" is. I'm just glad Mrs. Byrne hasn't seen my man-crush posts about her husband on here.

Oops she may do now.

Anybody would think Cliff had been having a nightmare for 2 or 3 months !! Its one performance when the team was not playing that well and like many have said on here Cliff has had hardly any match practice in pre-season. Thankfully most Latics fans dont hit the panic button on the back of one under par performance. Most accept Cliff in not the most gifted player to grace Boundary Park but his commitment and enthusiasm should not be taken lightly, its not that long ago that many people on here went balistic when Furman jumped ship in the middle of a relegation fight. We all love to see skill out on the pitch but dedicated players who give it their all and dont go sulking when they are not getting picked are very valuable to a team.

I think people are forgetting that next week Cliff will probably score and throw in a few game changing tackles if he plays and therefore have dozens of threads proclaiming him the reborn messiah. This is the fickle world of Internet forums, rarely-if-ever to be taken with more than a pinch of salt. Those back-headers, though..

To be honest I was really trying to highlight the fact Byrne is getting the blame (from some) for a 1-0 defeat.....

And we were already 1 down when he got on the pitch.

Because her view is totally one sided, i.e. my hubby can do no wrong, plus its totally cringe, whilst also watching the game with a complimentary ticket, anyone on here having a pop at his poor performance more than likely shelled out a fair bit of hard earned to have that view

I lost the will to read anymore of this reply at "totally cringe"

Are you a 12 year old American girl?

Edited by HarryBosch