How would you rate the new signings so far?

I know it's a bit early, but this could be revisited in say a month, 2 months etc and see how people's opinions either drastically change or stay the same.

Rate each out of 10.

Jonson Clarke-Harris - 5 - Looked bright so far but injury has hampered his early progress.

James Dayton - 6 - Looks to have bags of pace, and can whip a mean ball in, but hasn't really produced too much of an end product so far.

Sidney Schmeltz - 4 - Couple of step overs against Walsall, then ballooned a great chance over the bar, not been impressed.

Korey Smith - 8 - Really took on the responsibility of the captaincy, always looking for the ball and trying to make us tick, quality player.

Mark Oxley - 5 - Steady enough, but at fault for the penalty against Posh, no need to take the striker down, also really lacking in tempo for me, particularly against Walsall when we were so slow, he seemed to take an age to get the ball moving again.

Charlie MacDonald - 7 - Been very bright, won both penalties at Stevenage and scored a nice goal on Saturday, definite team player.

Anton Rodgers - 5 - Hard to rate him as he hasnt really featured, but looked bright against Walsall when he came on, looks to be a player in there somewhere and he's waiting patiently for a chance.

Edijs Joksts - Not featured.

Adam Rooney - 5 - Harsh maybe, but he's here to score and he hasn't done that yet, can't fault his effort though and he's definitely been starved of service, maybe we'll see him open his account against Port Vale.

Think that's everyone but Joseph Hills. But I haven't seen him play yet.

Edited by alex_balls

Thats kind of the point of my post, how your opinion will have probably changed after 15 games, after 30 games. etc

Early thoughts would be that Smith will be the pick of the bunch, Rooney won't be bagging 20 goals, JCH is more of a wideman than a striker and we better be rewarded well by Liverpool for taking on Rodgers Jnr.

Early thoughts would be that Smith will be the pick of the bunch, Rooney won't be bagging 20 goals, JCH is more of a wideman than a striker and we better be rewarded well by Liverpool for taking on Rodgers Jnr.

JCH a Wideman? Eh?

Edited by razza699

Oxley - shot stopping is fantastic. No command of his area against Stevenage and only improved slightly against Walsall. More to come. 5

Smith - he's simply class. Pure footballer. Possibly my favourite Latics player in the making since Wellens/Kilkenny - takes charge of the match and a massive coup. 9

Dayton - first 10 mins against Stevenage = WOW! Not as impressive since, due to inconsistency. Loads of ability but needs to cut in less. 6

McDonald - excellent unsung hero down at Stevenage. Underused since. A must starter on Saturday for me (ahead of Rooney of JCH plays). Not quick but knows where the goal is and an experiences head amongst a squad of kids. 7

JCH - based on 15 mins at Stevenage and first half against Derby he is a beast. Goalscorer? I'm not sure, but even Mvoto would be up against it in the strength stakes. He's a better version of O'Grady and Craig Davies with more strength. We have a player on our hands here. 7 (due to injury)

Rooney - not happy so far, but a Swindon pal of mine insists he will get better. Almost scored on Saturday and to be fair to the lad the service has been dreadful.

Crosses from the byline = yes

Balls drilled into feet/chest = yes

Balls aimlessly hoofed upfield = he's not Matt Smith (but miles better potentially). 6

Schmeltz - not seen enough. Can he cross? I'm not sure. Needs to be more involved (2nd half against Walsall). 5

Rodgers - potential. 5

Gossett showed up ok last season, would prefer him to be given a go.

Why? Rodgers looked much better in his cameo than Gosset did at Orient - and Rodgers has more experience. Both young and both our players, except Gosset has a few more years to mature

Why? Rodgers looked much better in his cameo than Gosset did at Orient - and Rodgers has more experience. Both young and both our players, except Gosset has a few more years to mature

Gossett homegrown, pointless having youth system if they don't get a go in first team.

Rodgers could turn out to be a cracker, didn't knock my eyeballs out on first impressions though, don't see him being a type to be getting around the pitch, pinging balls or steaming into tackles.

• 2 months later...

As promised, I have returned to this thread to see how the opinion of the new signings has changed since August.

Jonson Clarke-Harris - 6 - Really come along last few games, so slighty improved mark than before, the fact he needs to be tutored by Subbuteo is worrying for me, as you learn the basics of positional movement when you're in school.

James Dayton - Remains a 6, can be excellent on his day and is in decent form at the moment, scoring against Notts County and Bristol City, but a bit lightweight at times.

Sidney Schmeltz - 5 - Got a few tricks up his sleeve, but the game against Swindon (IIRC) when he ran through on goal with their keeper stranded in our area as they chased the equaliser, when his 'shot' trickled towards goal and stopped short of the net summed him up for me.

Korey Smith - 10 - Unbelievable capture for us, still can't believe we pulled this off. Runs the show, leads by example, and still puts in an amazing shift when asked to fill in at Right Back.

Mark Oxley - 6 - I'm not his biggest fan, but really grown over the last few games, helped no end by the fact we're getting a settled back 4 now with people playing in their actual position.

Charlie MacDonald - 6 - Had a good little spell, but injury has hampered this recently, his misses at Crawley highlight what a hit and miss start he's had, but will probs find us 10 goals this season which is not a bad return.

Anton Rodgers - 6 - Liked his passing and movement from the off, anyone who has trained and played through Chelsea's ranks (despite a fair bit of nepotism) must be able to play, and the last few games he's shown what he's all about and is getting a fair bit of deserved credit.

Adam Rooney - 6 - Dropped due to the potency of the Philliskirk/Clarke-Harris partnership, but has remained professional and is a good lad to have around the camp, his goal yesterday will do him the world of good, and is our top league goalscorer.

Danny Philliskirk - 7 - Despite what anyone says, he was brought in due to the imminent departure of Jose Baxter. To be fair to the lad, he has stepped up the plate and is in fantastic form, one slight criticism would be that his league return is poor with only 1 goal, but his cup heroics are more than making up for it as he shoots us towards a double trip to Wembley.

Paul Rachubka - 6 - For me he should be No. 1, and has shown how dependable he is in his two appearances in the JPT against Preson and Notts. County, conceeding just the one goal. LDJ had it spot on when he said he has two No. 1 GK's in the squad.

Mateo Lanzoni - 6 - Started well and his debut was suitably rewarded with the MOTM award, his rugby tackle after losing the ball was also a highlight, took the form into September and scored at Rotherham, but injury has derailed the promising start.

Genseric Kusunga - 6 - Stepping up to the plate more and more, and a good partnership is developing with Tarky, also filled in excellently at Right Back, where he could actually be better suited, scored a great header vs Wolves.