• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed that he got in The Sun's League One team of the week.

Was he that good on his debut? Anyone who attended, can you confirm what stood out...cheers!

When he slipped and grabbed the ankle of the bindipper to stop him gaining the advantage

When he slipped and grabbed the ankle of the bindipper to stop him gaining the advantage

That was utter class, the very definition of 'taking a booking for the team'. If I had had a tea I would have splurged it all over the guy in front; am still chuckling over it now!

highlight for me was a couple of old fashioned 'proper' tackles on the main stand side 1st half....not afraid to get stuck in at all

One of those was right in front of me on Akpro Akpro......awesome "proper" tackle, complete with the old-school thud of the ball as he tackled, and pansy yelp from Jean-Louis.

If he's keeps up that level of performance for the next 4 months - i'll have found my new favourite player and he surely will be signing a longer deal?

Edited by slystallone

One of those was right in front of me on Akpro Akpro......awesome "proper" tackle, complete with the old-school thud of the ball as he tackled, and pansy yelp from Jean-Louis.

If he's keeps up that level of performance for the next 4 months - i'll have found my new favourite player and he surely will be signing a longer deal?

Somewhere else!

Odd how others see the game. When MOM was announced the three lads behind me laughed and said he was the worst player on the pitch.

Just saw this - yes we laughed heartily but that comment was made tongue in cheek. None of us thought he was the worst player on the pitch, just that he was far from the best. We thought he looked like he was playing out of position and struggled early on with the pace of the game. On the other hand that was totally to be expected and he was more assured in the 2nd half, good coming forward and can cross. He looks as though he enjoys defending and tackling - just what we need. If he were to get a run at right back though I'd be concerned about the better sides having wingers that could target him.