Tarkowski

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go back pre Alun Williams with regard to 'classy' centre-half's. While memory is of course selective I can not recall such a dominating performance as Tarky's on Monday night. In the second half he was almost matching Smith for midfield breaks, many of these after taking the ball off or round opposing players in our back quarter. I know Jobbo played in the Premier League but in those days, in my opinion, it wasn't much better than todays Championship.

Valuation; is a very simple equation often made to sound difficult, especially when fans try to value something they don't own or are not in a position to buy. In football it depends ultimately on what someone is prepared to pay for a player who is, generally, not for sale. If the offer is not big enough and the seller is not desperate for a cash injection it can be simply rejected. IF, say Latics received an offer of £200,000 for Tarky earlier this month the club were able to discount it. IF, an offer of an unlikely £3 million had been made Tarky would have been gone as quick as they could get him through the door.

If Tarky can maintain his impressive form until January his value (whatever it was) will likely double. If he continues this rich seam of form until May it could double again. In such an event there would be a mini auction taking place, always hand rubbing time for the seller.

For us fans it is a no risk situation but for the club it is a massive risk and conundrum. Will he maintain his progress, will he suffer a serious injury. I am glad it's not my money at risk or my decision.

Believe the bbc say Newcastle and stoke are watching him

If he is going to go in January then I hope he goes to a team that actually play football, Stoke give me a break, what good is a ball playing CH in a team of hoofers, as for Newcastle, they have ruined too many decent players. A team like Swansea would be ideal for him. Just hope he stays because LJ will bring the best out of him, at his age regular games under a decent manager will do more to progress his career.

If he is going to go in January then I hope he goes to a team that actually play football, Stoke give me a break, what good is a ball playing CH in a team of hoofers, as for Newcastle, they have ruined too many decent players. A team like Swansea would be ideal for him. Just hope he stays because LJ will bring the best out of him, at his age regular games under a decent manager will do more to progress his career.

Totally agree he would be better staying put and get regular football under his belt and develop more under LJs football philposhpy.