NHL 2013/14

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo shiny new thread. Really excited for the Stars' season, think it's going to be a cracker. Devs look like they're in a bit of trouble this season, Kovy screwed you slightly there. Still think the Hawks will be the best team again, they were epic from the first regular season game until they lifted the cup. I'v got the feeling that this is the season that the Bruins will start to slide.

Can't wait. Really can't. It's a shame that we got rid of Grabovski. Best of luck to him in Washington. However, I think we've done a good bit of business. Can't wait to see Bolland and Clarkson. We need to build on what we achieved last season (apart from getting beat by Boston in the playoffs). BRING IT AWWWN.

We always look like we're in trouble to be fair. There's no doubting that Kovy's move screwed us but I'm excited to have Corey Schneider on board. And as Ragg says Jagr is good on any team. Him and Paddy E could work well if they go that route on the lines. Henrique had a quiet year last year but is clearly class... There's potential there. I'd certainly be disappointed not to push for the playoffs and squeeze in. Once you're there the cliched 'anything can happen' comes in.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought we played pretty well in that game. Second period was just like watching Latics. Better team but just couldn't stick the thing in the net.

Caught the last period and OT of the Islanders game on Friday night too. All I know is we lost a shootout... I was a wee bit drunk so can't remember any of what I saw other than the shootout being terrible.

We said that last year!

Also, whilst I've not seen enough to say so myself what I'm reading says this is Marty's last year... he's looking slower than ever, I can say that... I just hope he either he finds his wind (and he's been known to take a while to get in to the groove and it can't be easy mentally right now, knowing his dad isn't there) or he just gives up.

I'd hate to see him bench warming for 2 or 3 years - he deserves better than that!

Kurt's Storm would make a better fist of the NHL season than the Devils at the moment. Heck, even Christiansen's Storm may have won one game :wink:

No kidding! Kurt's off coaching again too... for the Wild's AHL side... I'd take him over Deboer that's for sure! Jesus!

Just getting into NHL this season. Always been a fan but have struggled finding it regular on tele somewhere. The last I saw it regular was when I would come in pissed up from a student night out and the game would be on in the early morning on Channel 5. After going America early this year and seeing it regularly on the tele while there it's given me the hunger back to watch regular again and i've now signed up to Premier Sports and seen it fairly regular since the beginning of the season. Not got a team yet (don't know whether to remain neutral or not) but i'm geussing off this thread don't go for the Devils? ha Not figured out who the supposed good players are yet but i'm hoping that will evenutally come with watching it over the course of the season! I'm geussing Patrick Kane at the Blackhawks is one of the main guys from what i have seen so far? Saw what i thought was a class goal the other night too, a guy for San Jose against the Rangers i think? He flicked it back between his legs in the process of skating past the keeper diagonally the hit it up past the keepers far side. It looked good anyway!

On a side note i went to a couple of Storm games when i was about 10-11 (i think) and they had a fair few going and remember getting the train down from Mumps into Victoria. Shame it all went tits up, why did Hockey over here suffer so badly? If i remember correctly there was crowds of +15k in Manchester and yet i notice now with the Phoenix they are around 1.5k. What happened? It does make me think of taking in a few Phoenix games at some point to give them some support.