clear two handed push in the back and a stamp into his midriff before he reacted all missed by the ref less than 20 yards away !

yes he shouldnt of reacted but didnt even have a word with the roverum lad

Exactly. Doesn't excuse Mellor's reaction and I'm glad Johnson's said he'll be dealt with for letting his teammates down, but on another day, with a better referee, both players get sent off.

That's one of those absolute bull:censored: decisions, using my best south park voice "harmless retaliation is bad, much worse than serious foul play'. It's a nonsense and if it's a real rule it wants binning. Same thing happened in a game I played in yesterday, opposition player retaliated mildly, the only person on the pitch who thought he should be sent off was... the referee. Killed the game. Sometimes the law is an Ass.

That's one of those absolute bull:censored: decisions, using my best south park voice "harmless retaliation is bad, much worse than serious foul play'. It's a nonsense and if it's a real rule it wants binning. Same thing happened in a game I played in yesterday, opposition player retaliated mildly, the only person on the pitch who thought he should be sent off was... the referee. Killed the game. Sometimes the law is an Ass.

Yeah , but no sympathy for Aussies .

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-out-for-the-count-6028175

I think his days may be numbered judging by LJ's comments - “If he kicked out then it’s ill discipline,” he said. “I won’t stand for ill discipline and he’ll be fined the maximum amount. I think it was more due to his poor performance. He couldn't handle the occasion.”

Seems a bit strong.............?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-out-for-the-count-6028175

I think his days may be numbered judging by LJ's comments - “If he kicked out then it’s ill discipline,” he said. “I won’t stand for ill discipline and he’ll be fined the maximum amount. I think it was more due to his poor performance. He couldn't handle the occasion.”

Seems a bit strong.............?

How does that say his days are numbered? It says he's going to be fined.

How does that say his days are numbered? It says he's going to be fined.

It doesn't - i said I "think" his days may be numbered.

It's unusual for a manager to publically be as harsh as "I think it was more due to his poor performance. He couldn't handle the occasion.” Isn't it?

I hope I'm wrong by the way

Edited by HarryBosch

To be honest Mellor was awful before he went off anyway, so it's not just the sending off. We looked MILES better with 10, I think he's blown his chance to be honest. Our fans called out for him to be brought in (read posts from within the last week or so) but playing :censored:e for 35 then getting sent off in a game brought in to prove yourself does no justice for your future what so ever.

fair enough he didnt play well, but why write one player off because they got sent off and had one bad game. He was more than capable of helping us stay up at the end of last season. I don't see why his future should be in doubt? Why can't he be part of our squad and keep fighting for his place.

I remember when Craig Davies got sent off vs Rochdale and he became public enemy number 1 with the fans. Not had a bad career since leaving Latics at all.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

He'll learn and recover from this.

LJ comments in heat of moment. Might view it less harshly when sees Mellor was kicked first.

Fans jumping on him harsh too though. M'Voto got sent off last season for a stupid shove, yet a fans' favourite and wasn't criticised too much.

Everyone's saying he shouldn't have played, loads of people on here were calling for him to start before the match!

Mellor still has potential, played a part in helping us stay up last season, and is settled - Latics through and through. Let's not ruin him.

Hope Johnson doesn't hang him to dry over it, his decision to throw Mellor back in after trying to turn him into a centre half all summer.

It was always going to be fast and furious in the midfield with the way they play, was asking a lot of DM to just slot back in as though he'd never been away.