Latics v Bradford post match reaction

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a penalty

Never a penalty, quite clearly no contact. Knew Tarky's leg was outstretched so thought he'd go for a dive.

Yesterdays ref was by far the best we have had for some considerable time. Got all the major decisions bar 1 right and that went in our favour. He wasn't overely fussy, let the game flow, none of this stopping corners free kicks etc to "talk" to and "instruct" players and used common sense by keeping his cards in his pocket when he could.

More performances like that though and he won't progress up the ladder unfortunately.

Yesterdays ref was by far the best we have had for some considerable time. Got all the major decisions bar 1 right and that went in our favour. He wasn't overely fussy, let the game flow, none of this stopping corners free kicks etc to "talk" to and "instruct" players and used common sense by keeping his cards in his pocket when he could.

More performances like that though and he won't progress up the ladder unfortunately.

Ref perhaps wasn't too awful but the assistant on the building site side missed the most blatant handball in some time for me!

Ha

Didnt realise it at the time as i was going mad at the goal, but Wes pushing a celebrating JCH into one of the Bradford players as he's running past is class!

I hadn't spotted that until you mentioned it but it is amusing, especially as their player looked to have had a think about making something of it it until he realised who it was. #beast

Pah, it made my toes curl.

The legendary original aside, I remember Mel C doing a version of it (First line: "I am a Spice Girl..." :petesake: )

It was "I am an antichrist, I am the sporty spice."

I don't know why I know that.

I don't know why I'm choosing to share the fact that I know that with everyone.

Ref perhaps wasn't too awful but the assistant on the building site side missed the most blatant handball in some time for me!

won't complain at the draw because it was a fair result but Thompson's handball is even more obvious on the highlights, that linesman missed a good 3 or 4 handballs all game.

I guy near me in the chaddy came out with a cracker though after the linesman missed another decision: 'Bloody hell liner, how do you sleep at night? ... I bet it's with your eyes closed!'

You could tell from listening he was a good ref as the game was allowed to flow for long periods of time. The commentators thought he was very lenient on Plummer.

I'm surprised some people saying Jones was not good for them, sounded like he was one of Bradford's most involved players along with Reid, Wells and Hanson.

Must have been a good game as I listened to the commentary properly for once.

Tarky caught out a few times on the video, but it didn't show his surging runs forward.

I may be the only one, but I think the surging runs forward mask some defensive problems. He is improving defensively though and miles better than under Dickov.

Tarky caught out a few times on the video, but it didn't show his surging runs forward.

I love it when he marauds forward. Reminds me of playground football in a way, when you want to see how many people you can take on before you lose the ball.

Never a penno but having seen it again Tarky doesn't cover himself in glory. Dyer's clearly gone for a dive there (he starts just before Tarky shoots a leg out) but Tarky's rolling up of the sock straight after wasn't the wisest move.

And yes, Wes shoving JCH into that Bratfut player was brilliant. You can see him timing it just... about... right. Superb. Wonder if you could get booked for that if the ref sees it?

I love it when he marauds forward. Reminds me of playground football in a way, when you want to see how many people you can take on before you lose the ball.

Never a penno but having seen it again Tarky doesn't cover himself in glory. Dyer's clearly gone for a dive there (he starts just before Tarky shoots a leg out) but Tarky's rolling up of the sock straight after wasn't the wisest move.

And yes, Wes shoving JCH into that Bratfut player was brilliant. You can see him timing it just... about... right. Superb. Wonder if you could get booked for that if the ref sees it?

Would expect so, the refs can book you for almost anything, so that sort of thing that involved contact between two opponents can get you a booking.

I may be the only one, but I think the surging runs forward mask some defensive problems. He is improving defensively though and miles better than under Dickov.

You are right, he's twice recently not been sharp enough to close down goal scorers at the near post, I'm sure LJ will have noticed too and work on it in training.

He has his faults like any other defender, but all in all he's a super player.