Winchester....what is he?

He's garbage at defending, attacking and midfielding!!! How many times did he put a simple ball out of play. Apart from one cross he was poor.

Then we get onto the farcical 4 on 1 attack........if I'm honest and seriously embarrassed for thinking this way, match-fixing came to mind after that humongous f*ck up.

Posted · Hidden by Zorrro, December 15, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Zorrro, December 15, 2013 - No reason given

He's garbage at defending, attacking and midfielding!!! How many times did he put a simple ball out of play. Apart from one cross he was poor.

Then we get onto the farcical 4 on 1 attack........if I'm honest and seriously embarrassed for thinking this way, match-fixing came to mind after that humongous f*ck up.

Plays when it suits him. Was incredible against Orient, then has bad lows. Matt Chambers said he played well today though... Needs some consistently, same problem that's happening with the rest of our own academy products at the moment. One game they're great, next one they're :censored: - Mellor and Millar prime examples.

Less of the match-fixing comments.

Plays when it suits him. Was incredible against Orient, then has bad lows. Matt Chambers said he played well today though... Needs some consistently, same problem that's happening with the rest of our own academy products at the moment. One game they're great, next one they're :censored: - Mellor and Millar prime examples.

Less of the match-fixing comments.

He's :censored: just like Millar. Neither of them have any future in the professional game. When they eventually leave Latics they will tip up at Curzon Ashton.

Mellor will end up the same way, in different circumstances though, he looks a decent footballer at times but there's something seriously strange going on inside his head - what was it today? 20 minutes in 'sorry gaffer I can't run' really??

Mellor will end up the same way, in different circumstances though, he looks a decent footballer at times but there's something seriously strange going on inside his head - what was it today? 20 minutes in 'sorry gaffer I can't run' really??

You're onto something. The problem with Winchester and Mellor seems to be mentally, both have the quality on the ball. Terrible attitude, the both of them. I've heard that both are wankers off the pitch aswell. Neither of them want it enough really, doesn't help that Mellor is played in every position on the pitch too.

Millar just isn't good enough, yet is the one that has the better attitude strangely.

Sorry I can't agree with a lot here. Winchester made a bad decision on the 4 on 1 break but he made good use of the ball almost ever other time he got it. I can see why he played as a central midfielder in the youths because he has good ball control and doesn't give away possession often, but I think there's a big question mark over his athleticism. He's just not strong or quick enough to play in the middle of the park in a 2. He wasn't a winger today but he gave Kusunga a lot more protection than most of our wingers do and kept possession more than our wingers do, so while it might be a bit unorthodox I think we could do worse than playing him right mid. His best position imo will be full back.

Sorry I can't agree with a lot here. Winchester made a bad decision on the 4 on 1 break but he made good use of the ball almost ever other time he got it. I can see why he played as a central midfielder in the youths because he has good ball control and doesn't give away possession often, but I think there's a big question mark over his athleticism. He's just not strong or quick enough to play in the middle of the park in a 2. He wasn't a winger today but he gave Kusunga a lot more protection than most of our wingers do and kept possession more than our wingers do, so while it might be a bit unorthodox I think we could do worse than playing him right mid. His best position imo will be full back.

Feels like to me he just can't be arsed to strengthen himself or improve his fitness. We've known for a long time this needs improving, yet he hasn't changed at all. He can't rely on his on-the-ball ability all his career cause the football league is a brutal place if you're not willing to put in the effort. It's probably a good thing that Mellor and Winchester are getting opportunities to play in lots of different positions but a side effect is both look devoid of confidence for it. Similarly, both just look like they don't want it enough. In the future, Winchester is a fullback and Mellor a centre-mid, but don't put the effort in and they'll waste lots of talent. I don't buy this 'heavy legs' excuse Mellor had for coming off either. To me, that screams 'I don't have the attitude to face a tough spell against a good side'. If these lads work hard they'll make it, both are class on the ball, Mellor's long passing is brilliant and Winchester's short passing is fantastic, but neither appear to have the fight and desire to do that, and like McGoo says I reckon both will be consigned to the lower division if they carry on as they are.

I don't like to make excuses, but, his progress was heavily held back by Dickov's lack of faith in the young players coming through - whilst he gave him his debut away at Accrington, he didn't get the chance to play a big amount of games.

Neither has he under LJ, however I still think he could cut it with some more effort in games and on the training ground.

I don't like to make excuses, but, his progress was heavily held back by Dickov's lack of faith in the young players coming through - whilst he gave him his debut away at Accrington, he didn't get the chance to play a big amount of games.

Neither has he under LJ, however I still think he could cut it with some more effort in games and on the training ground.

I agree about not getting the chances with Dickov, especially last season.

But this year injuries at unfortunate times have stopped him getting a run in the side.

Other than one poor decision I thought he was superb yesterday.

Funny how people see performances differently........apart from the obvious, I lost count of the number of simple passes down the line rhat went out. Yes, there was lots of effort but no end result apart from one decent cross about 5 minutes before he got hauled off.

Thought he was Awesome yesterday, like others said 1 bad decision but played really well, can't remember any of these simple passes that went out?

When he was taken off few of us were questioning it and I said surely he must have picked up a knock? Not heard anything about it though.

Mellor on the other hand - LJ said he was taken off as he "couldn't run" and that it was a mental issue not a physical, saying he couldn't be arsed basically so he took him off?