Cracking Away Point......i'll take that!

I was right behind it. As soon as it left his boot, it was going in. It was some strike and sometimes you have to hold your hands up and accept it for what it was...

Exactly. It went past about 5 players in all as well so Oxley will have seen it very late despite positioning himself to that side of the wall. The only way it wasn't going in was if it hit someone.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected 0 points from today and Coventry because of our selection/injury issues so a point today is a bonus in my eyes and takes us more than a win above the drop with a game in hand.

Do people think today's lineup will do well at Coventry? It could be our defence's biggest challenge of the season.

What's with this "look how mediocre I'm happy for us to be" fad of late?

It's sport - they're supposed to try to overcome adversity.

Aren't they?

Edited by HarryBosch

The wall is slightly to one side but it was a central free-kick and I guess that was compromise so Oxley could see a little more.

If he has the wall further across you could argue it would be much easier for a right-footer (two were over the ball) to curl it around the wall and into the other corner - the harder one for Oxley to cover. Also, he'd see it even later.

It could have been one of them where Oxley took a step left or jumped on his spot at just the wrong time - it was a long run-up from JB.

But for me, the ball appeared to increase in speed as it got nearer the goal. That's probably what did Oxley, and that's why it's moreover just a sensational strike.

The wall is slightly to one side but it was a central free-kick and I guess that was compromise so Oxley could see a little more.

If he has the wall further across you could argue it would be much easier for a right-footer (two were over the ball) to curl it around the wall and into the other corner - the harder one for Oxley to cover. Also, he'd see it even later.

It could have been one of them where Oxley took a step left or jumped on his spot at just the wrong time - it was a long run-up from JB.

But for me, the ball appeared to increase in speed as it got nearer the goal. That's probably what did Oxley, and that's why it's moreover just a sensational strike.

It makes you wonder about the value of walls, LJ seems to be suggesting with no wall Oxley would have had a clear view and from that distance would have dealt with the strike.

Edited by BP1960