Cracking Away Point......i'll take that!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would the wall jump when it went about 2 yards to the side of them? :dntknw:

Does LJ need to work with the players in training on defensive walls, the Mansfield free kick, now Baxter's ?

Edited by BP1960

Amazing. If that'd been our goal nobody would be commenting on the placing of the wall etc. If the wall had blocked the drive and Jose had curled it in then people would complain it was poorly placed for that.

Sometimes you'll just concede an absolute screamer. This was one of those occasions.

Amazing. If that'd been our goal nobody would be commenting on the placing of the wall etc. If the wall had blocked the drive and Jose had curled it in then people would complain it was poorly placed for that.

Sometimes you'll just concede an absolute screamer. This was one of those occasions.

I was sat behind it and thought it was a great strike.

2 points lost still, mind. The crowd were on their backs at 0-1 and we did nothing to push for a second.

If Baxter was still here, he'd have taken the pen v Mansfield, chipped it & :censored:ed it up, it would have been the turning point in the game, and Mansfield would have gone on to win.

It was a privilege to watch him while he was here, but right now I'd rather have the £150k and the trip to Anfield.

I expected 0 points from today and Coventry because of our selection/injury issues so a point today is a bonus in my eyes and takes us more than a win above the drop with a game in hand.

Do people think today's lineup will do well at Coventry? It could be our defence's biggest challenge of the season.

I expected 0 points from today and Coventry because of our selection/injury issues so a point today is a bonus in my eyes and takes us more than a win above the drop with a game in hand.

Do people think today's lineup will do well at Coventry? It could be our defence's biggest challenge of the season.

wouldn't be surprised if we use the same lineup at Liverpool. Someone on Suarez like Tarky was on Baxter. Maybe drop Mellor, Wes, or Rodgers back to that position instead though to mark suarez though.

All this stuff about whether Baxter celebrated his goal. I will never understand why a player is expected to show no emotion when scoring against a former club. We'll be expecting former players to score own goals next just to show the old supporters some respect. Barmy - like kicking the ball out of play when another player falls over (end of rant - probably too much sherry trifle).

All this stuff about whether Baxter celebrated his goal. I will never understand why a player is expected to show no emotion when scoring against a former club. We'll be expecting former players to score own goals next just to show the old supporters some respect. Barmy - like kicking the ball out of play when another player falls over (end of rant - probably too much sherry trifle).

I think it depends on the circumstances. Baxters' still held in high regard by a lot of our fans and by not over doing the celebrations is a sign that the respect is reciprocated. Sentimentality towards an old club is rare these days and if he felt that celebrating wouldn't be the done thing, then fair play to him.

On the other hand, if Joe Colebeck scored against us ( :laught30: ) and celebrated, I doubt anyone would batter an eyelid...

Happy we didn't lose but really we should be beating teams like that, they were awful and there for the taking.

The fact they were once a big club and we were away doesn't automatically mean we should be grateful with a point.

I prefer to watch the game and judge after what I have seen if we should be grateful or not and I believe it was two points lost having looked at both teams.

We didn't start the second half at all for the first ten minutes and we have to keep fighting for that second goal. Should we have got that I believe they would have melted completely their front two were shocking and didn't create much it was only baxter that looked like scoring at all.

The table is worrying we need to get a win before Liverpool Game desperately.