Cracking Away Point......i'll take that!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they were there for the taking first half, we seemed to back off them in the second half and if it wasent for them having Baxter we probably would if won that game, what a free kick that was, I think the wall could of done better though.

Defence was quite solid, Kusunga excellent not much to complain about really, thought Korey had a poor game and ill take the point, Sheff U were :censored:e !

Good point. They were crap. Back 4 was solid. Lanzoni and Kusunga both did well.

Adam Rooney worked very hard, looked tired in the 2nd half.

Decent ref for once. Didnt give a few, but overall he had a good game. Consistant.

Id have taken that, so Im pleased

Also, I love Baxter as much as the next man, but let's focus on our own players during the game instead of singing for him...

Seriously? I have to question the sanity of Latics fans at times.....I mean, he can't be a legend after an 18 month stint surely?

Good player but come on!

Did he celebrate the goal?

Seriously? I have to question the sanity of Latics fans at times.....I mean, he can't be a legend after an 18 month stint surely?

Good player but come on!

Pah, don't mind that! Scored a lot of class goals a for us, did his bit in the win against Liverpool and always seemed to do a lot of extra curricular stuff for the club - don't mind our fans giving him a bit of love. It is Christmas!

Tarky did a job on Baxter for half an hour. We were well on top because of it. Then Clough moved Baxter to the right and our control of the game waned.

A draw is probably a fair result but if anybody was going to win the game it was them. A post and a couple of scrambles giving us a bit of luck.

Oxley 8 - made a couple of neat saves. Baxter's free kick was magnificent but I though the wall was a man light and may have had our keeper a pace away from where he should have been. I'll let the TV pictures be the judge of it.

Brown 8 - solid, despite being targeted.

Lanzoni 9 - superb. Reads the game well.

Kusunga 8 - decent bar one horrible slip.

Grounds 7 - needs to give us more going forwards and some stray passes today.

Tarky 8 - did a job in the middle. Thought he was going to get sent off for a high one.

Smith 7 - a little bit slow on the ball, taking the pace out of our play too often.

Mellor 8 - real shift. Decent dead ball delivery too.

Petrasso 7 - disappeared from the game but then became our best hope of hitting them on the break second half.

Rooney 8 - looked a threat on the right. Delivered a perfect cross for the goal and should have put JCH in for a second on one of our breaks after half time.

JCH 7 - neat finish. But man up. Do more than just seek out the free kick.

LDJ 7 - did a job on Baxter early on but didn't seem to react when Clough changed it round for them. Allowed us to sit too deep early in the second half and we were second best for much of the last 45 minutes.

If we'd gone for the kill first half we could have been out of sight. But we're still a bit pedestrian at times when we get the ball in the middle. Sheffield United were a lot more at it second half (but were fourth division quality before that). I left feeling slightly frustrated, but a point is a decent result against a side who haven't lost in a long time.

Also, I love Baxter as much as the next man, but let's focus on our own players during the game instead of singing for him...

thank you, I was saying this all game, Baxter was great for us but he is now history so why the :censored: we sing songs about him instead of singing our own players on I do not know.

Agree with O4u except that I thought once we'd weathered their onslaught following the goal we looked most likely to score until their efforts in stoppage time. If Philliskirk had been fit I reckon we'd have made the most of the space JCH created and won the game.

Baxter's goal was an absolute worldie.

I reckon we'll set up similarly to how we did today against Liverpool.