Anfield - what block are you in?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind doing either but if the person sat behind me, or a seat either side is a young child or someone considerably smaller than myself then I do feel guilty if their view is obscured by the back of my head...so what's one to do?????

I now have a mental image of a restricted view sign obscuring the back of your head

There are three of us in block 122 row 28 this time

My main concern that if it is a sellout and it should be, that the stewards don't enforce the seats allocated rule, then we might be scattered all over the place if we don't get there at a decent time

We arrived late last time, got separated and it was just a case of sitting in a spare seat. Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing

I suppose as latics fans we are lucky and used to spare seats around us home and sometimes away and that you can move if you wanted to sit/stand with your mates, or sit/stand with the singers or move the wee ones in front by a few rows so they can see

It's games like this when I lose,the luxury of turning up 5mins before ko to get my seat.

This year, I'm getting there early, meeting up with the Hillsborough walkers who we made friends with last year for a few scoops, taking the old man around the ground to see the gates and the Hillsborough memorial as he is a pool fan (could have been worse could have been manure). Taking my seat and it will probably be a mixture of seating and standing when we are on the attack.

Can't wait now, as long as we score and I don't find a fossilised pasty in the old mans jeans after washing and drying them with the pasty in them several weeks later....

Edited by underdog

There are three of us in block 122 row 28 this time

My main concern that if it is a sellout and it should be, that the stewards don't enforce the seats allocated rule, then we might be scattered all over the place if we don't get there at a decent time

We arrived late last time, got separated and it was just a case of sitting in a spare seat. Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing

I suppose as latics fans we are lucky and used to spare seats around us home and sometimes away and that you can move if you wanted to sit/stand with your mates, or sit/stand with the singers or move the wee ones in front by a few rows so they can see

It's games like this when I lose,the luxury of turning up 5mins before ko to get my seat.

This year, I'm getting there early, meeting up with the Hillsborough walkers who we made friends with last year for a few scoops, taking the old man around the ground to see the gates and the Hillsborough memorial as he is a pool fan (could have been worse could have been manure). Taking my seat and it will probably be a mixture of seating and standing when we are on the attack.

Can't wait now, as long as we score and I don't find a fossilised pasty in the old mans jeans after washing and drying them with the pasty in them several weeks later....

IIRC the Hillsborough memorial is by the away end. So that shouldn't involve too much of a walk.

Allocated seats for away games, load of bollocks, people just go where they want, you'll naturally end up with sitting and standing sections that way.

It would cause more confusion when their is a big crowd as the people coming in late look for spare seats and block the aisles it's not a problem when we usually go away as usually theirs plenty of space this one is the exception

The only logical solution is everyone sits down in their allocated seat and certain moments in the game no doubt people will be able to stand. Only stand up if your not blocking someonelse view

Allocated seats for away games, load of bollocks, people just go where they want, you'll naturally end up with sitting and standing sections that way.

And parents away from kids, husband/wife best mates sat on their own away from each other. It's fine when there are loads of spares but an absolute no for a sell out. Unless i can help someone with a mutually convenient swap i'll be in my allocated seat.

And parents away from kids, husband/wife best mates sat on their own away from each other. It's fine when there are loads of spares but an absolute no for a sell out. Unless i can help someone with a mutually convenient swap i'll be in my allocated seat.

want to swap two tickets for two tickets in block 128;)??

I'm a ST holder and I bought two adjacent tickets.

One for me and one for my coat.

I've used the approach of buying a cheap kid ticket for international cricket and then not taking a kid. The leg room is better company!

Liverpool might play their skipper.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9094558/premier-league-steven-gerrard-close-to-liverpool-comeback

Edited by opinions4u

Or you will naturally end up with problems and people not being able to watch the match. Unreserved seating only works when there are plenty of seats available.