miller and petrasso

Both played exceptionally well today. Millers introduction changed the game and he ran himself into the ground. Petrasso ran rings round them and was a constant threat albeit he should have squared it to miller at the death.

Both players have come on leaps and bounds. I thought miller was heading for the conference last year but he hasnt disappointed in the games he has played this time round. Its also no secret petrasso was shocking in his first games but the last couple he is producing the form which makes me want to keep him for the season.

Miller did well today when he came on and generally does well when coming on as a sub against tiring defenders. His problem is he is gash when playing from the start, in fact I think every game he has started he has been innaffective and been subbed each time. He changed the game in our favour in last 10 mins today.

Petrasso did well today as an attacking threat but all the coventry attacks come down his side, didint help grounds out much defensivly

Both played exceptionally well today. Millers introduction changed the game and he ran himself into the ground. Petrasso ran rings round them and was a constant threat albeit he should have squared it to miller at the death.

Both players have come on leaps and bounds. I thought miller was heading for the conference last year but he hasnt disappointed in the games he has played this time round. Its also no secret petrasso was shocking in his first games but the last couple he is producing the form which makes me want to keep him for the season.

miller ? totally anonimous against colchester when he came on , same for nearly every game this season, no goal threat either, will go at the seasons end,

Tbh dont think you can base your comments on col u the whole team were gash. Cant fault his effort today. Would have scored had petrasso passed. Im not saying he is a world beater or even a key player in the team. Hell im not even saying he will stay at the end of the season. But his performance today deserves a mention.

Granted we were a little open down petrassos side but the tactics before half time left both our wings open to attack, and the change at half time left us sitting far too defensively as a whole team not just one side.

once in a while people who criticise players can actually hold there hands up and say " today he had a good game". Both are young kids give them credit when its deserved

Thought Petrasso played well today. Not keen that he is first off the pitch the only one not acknowledging those supporters who had done a 300 mile round trip to support him. Perhaps it's loan player mentality,for me I prefer Own players to loan.Loan is too,short term and we need to cultivate a more permanent team/club spirit which in the long term will take us forward. Lets hope Lanzoni is signed on a decent length of contract tomorrow.

I thought Millar brought a fresh energy, verve and enthusiam to us; when we desperately needed it.

I'd even go as far as saying without that change, we would probably have gone on to loose it.

We suddenly had a threat again upfront, as because he's run himself into the ground, JCH was basically non-existent in the last 20mins+ or so.

Millar is no world beater. At all. But he is a pest, a lively player who comes on and adds an energy, pace and a sort of "threat without being a threat" to the side.

It was needed today. He did well.

As for Petrasso, he was my MoTM. Defended well for the side, and he was one of our main threats going forward. Getting better game by game, and at 18 years old, he really is a promising talent...

Is the Millar comment a joke? Petrasso is quality though....

SlyStallone wrote: 'Millar is no world beater. At all. But he is a pest, a lively player who comes on and adds an energy, pace and a sort of "threat without being a threat" to the side.'

I tend to agree - but also that he needs to play at that tempo for more thatn the odd 15 minute spell - still believe he would benefit from a few full games - maybe out on loan?

Edited by TheBigDog

No joke in the comment at all.

I felt that change was needed - actually 5 to 10 mins sooner IMO - but as i say above, suddenly there was someone who entertained the "home" defence and gave them something to think about.

JCH had put a heck of a shift in, especially 2nd half chasing plenty of pretty aimless high balls.

He was spent.

The only viable change we had left was to bring Millar on.

He did really well in the role he was given when he came on. And i still stand by my comment, fully, that without his appearance when it came; we wouldnt have held on for the draw...

Kirk Millar is a 21 year old 'striker' who has scored 1 (yes 1) goal in 8 full and over 30 substitute appearances. 0.02 goals per appearance and people moan about Rooney at 0.25. You know what you will get with Millar and it isn't a goal!

He's clearly a winger. If i was in Ladbrookes with my last fiver in the world and had to back him, sidney or any of our fullbacks to get a decent ball in i know where i'd go. Shame nobody got on the end of them