Fan that was stabbed

Just out of curiosity, do you think if a Latics fan (lowly peasant like non premier league team) would have stabbed a Liverpool fan ( premier league millionaires) it would have had little press as this has or do you think it would be all over the yellow sky sports news banner until something was done about it? Again, just curious.

Just out of curiosity, do you think if a Latics fan (lowly peasant like non premier league team) would have stabbed a Liverpool fan ( premier league millionaires) it would have had little press as this has or do you think it would be all over the yellow sky sports news banner until something was done about it? Again, just curious.

Or, if the fan in question would have wanted to help police with their enquiries?

Ok so let's nip this in the bud so we don't have to close this one. No speculation, no commentary about hoolies and their idea of fun, etc etc.

I will leave it open as there's genuine concern the guy is ok and hopefully someone I will know.

Given that there is supposed to be a stabbing in the UK every 4 minutes, I actually consider this to have recieved quite a bit of coverage.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Given that there is supposed to be a stabbing in the UK every 4 minutes, I actually consider this to have recieved quite a bit of coverage.

That seems a ridiculous number. I just googled it and it came from the Sun. So think of that what you will.

That seems a ridiculous number. I just googled it and it came from the Sun. So think of that what you will.

Just checked the ONS and last year there were 26000 knife related crimes in the UK. I make that one every 20 minutes but I can't say my maths will be right! (Or the figures from the office of national statistics)

Just checked the ONS and last year there were 26000 knife related crimes in the UK. I make that one every 20 minutes but I can't say my maths will be right! (Or the figures from the office of national statistics)

Again that doesn't mean they are all stabbings.

I went back and looked again at the stats. Crimes reported as actual / grevious bodily harm, attempted murder and homicide = 12,000.

So I ran the numbers again and get 44 mins per knife crime. Maybe they just missed a 4 off their headline? :)

Double it at least for all the unreported, lost or massaged crimes.

It was mentioned by various media outlets in the 104 seconds I spent researching it. Lets call it one every 30 minutes or even 1 an hour, it doesn't make my point any less viable.

It was mentioned by various media outlets in the 104 seconds I spent researching it. Lets call it one every 30 minutes or even 1 an hour, it doesn't make my point any less viable.

No not at all. I'm just suggesting that on this occasion the media might possibly have made a little exaggeration.