Our team as it stands

Squad below, plus Rhys Turner who doesn't feature yet.

5DfDePq.png

Currently Injured:

- Kusunga

- Rodgers(?)

Expected to come in:

- Tarkowski (8th Feb)

So where do you think we need to improve? I think we have quite a big squad but defence is a bit dodgy for the Swindon game!

Edited by JoshOWTB

Keepers

Oxley

Rachubka

(Coleman)

Defenders

Brown

Grounds

Kusunga

Mellor

Lockwood

Wilson

Tarky for a month

(Belezika)

(Truelove)

(Clarke)

Midfielders

Wes

Smith

Winchester

Rodgers

Dayton

Worrall

Harkins

Kissock

(Gosset)

Strikers

Macdonald

JCH

Philliskirk

(Millar)

(Bove)

(Pritchard)

(Turner)

Brackets for youth and fringe players.

From that list I'd be satisfied with our keepers, defensive cover and our central midfield. A striker and a winger would be the players I'd get in to complete the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if Millar left.

Keepers

Oxley

Rachubka

(Coleman)

Defenders

Brown

Grounds

Kusunga

Mellor

Lockwood

Wilson

Tarky for a month

(Belezika)

(Truelove)

(Clarke)

Midfielders

Wes

Smith

Winchester

Rodgers

Dayton

Worrall

Harkins

Kissock

(Gosset)

Strikers

Macdonald

JCH

Philliskirk

(Millar)

(Bove)

(Pritchard)

(Turner)

Brackets for youth and fringe players.

From that list I'd be satisfied with our keepers, defensive cover and our central midfield. A striker and a winger would be the players I'd get in to complete the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if Millar left.

Thanks, a bit weak up-front I agree. Hopefully Rhys Turner is the solution to that!

Edited by JoshOWTB

So despite all the moaning about loan players in other threads only 4 players are on loan. One being a season long keeper and another from non league that could no doubt turn into a permanent deal. The other two are also experienced professionals.

Oh and if tarky comes back that's 5 but it's not like he doesn't know the place.

Too many loan players is another bollocks argument when you actually look at the situation.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

Still don't think we are done yet. A few hours left of the window, a few top earners gone and a few lesser paid players in.

Can't help feeling there is a possibility of a few out of cantract players joing too, LJ has alluded to the possibility of this on fishal. With a bit of extra wage there could yet be a bigger signing or possible loanee?

You've got to have sympathy for LJ having to sell his best players and replace them with loanees and punts from non league.

Despite that, it's criminal that we've not signed a forward as I can't see where the goals are going to come from, especially with DP's barren run and Rooney's departure. JCH and MacDonald aren't near prolific enough and we're putting a lot of faith in midfielders and Turner, who has a big leap to make from the Conference North even though he's clearly got plenty of talent.

After making a £20,000 bid for the Hearts goalkeeper the other day I'm surprised we've not used that money to sign a half-decent goalscorer.

This Tarkowski kid that is supposedly coming in on loan is highly rated by Brentford apparently.

But he has played for LJ before which just smacks of him bringing his mates in again.

In some quaters he was touted for a £million could be a good signing.

I'd rather we just played our own kids though, sick of loan players who don't know the club!

Edited by palmer1