Starting to lose interest in football completely ...at the very top, the game has become a very rich mans plaything (Almost as boring as F1 where money is thrown around and the best car wins) and signings are made to stop rival teams from strengthening. Players are bought and sometimes stolen from smaller clubs only to be immediately loaned out or play reserve football till the end of their lucrative contracts.

At our level it gets worse and worse, we used to draft in a few new players every season, then we got a new 1 to 11 every season, now we get a new team every 6 months! None of them really interested in oafc as they have parent clubs to fall back on. I bet there's not many kids buy a shirt with their hero's name on the back these days! LJ has builit his own team and now he's starting again! As fans, less and less will keep paying to watch these strangers knowing that as soon as we get lucky enough to have decent player of our own he will be sold within a season or walk on free.

The best player at our club is No.8 wonder who it will be after 11.00pm

I certainly won't be going for the rest of the season. The club/board seems to have given up so I am too.

Until Corney puts his hand in his pocket and shows some ambition, decent players will not sign for us and we will continue our decline all the way to the conference. If Corney does NOT have the money to halt our slide and take us further up the footballing pyramid, then he needs to pack his stuff up and feck off!

Koukash was told where to go for wanting to build a new stadium for :censored:'s sake. It may not have been 100% viable but at least he showed some bloody ambition!!!!!

I have lost the faith.

This season we have had 20 new players (probable more to come). That is crazy, it was the same the year before. I used to look forward to a new signing and seeing them play, now we have so many that has lost its buzz.

I have said this in another thread, Johnson said he was not going to be going into the loan market to much as you lose your identity (his words). Well it seems he has now given up on this, we have had 9 loan players so far ths season and going off comments there could yet be more.

We have a new team every year, sell our best players and languish in the bottom 3rd of the table. How can you blame the 2000 or so missing fans for not bothering, Corney doesnt bother showing up most games does he?

I still go every week but i certainly dont look forward to it the same as i did a few years back.

what's the point of trying to build something not viable??

I do agree that the player merry go round is a joke but im not sure what we can do we get poor attendance's try and put a squad together and over the course of a season the wheels seem to come off and we slip down the division... then I think whoever is in charge gets panicky and we try wheeling and dealing our way of a relegation scrap.

as for the prem lost interest years ago... the greedy league is an apt name for it

Edited by bluehobbit

This season we have had 20 new players (probable more to come). That is crazy, it was the same the year before. I used to look forward to a new signing and seeing them play, now we have so many that has lost its buzz.

I have said this in another thread, Johnson said he was not going to be going into the loan market to much as you lose your identity (his words). Well it seems he has now given up on this, we have had 9 loan players so far ths season and going off comments there could yet be more.

We have a new team every year, sell our best players and languish in the bottom 3rd of the table. How can you blame the 2000 or so missing fans for not bothering, Corney doesnt bother showing up most games does he?

I still go every week but i certainly dont look forward to it the same as i did a few years back.

SC was at the Manchester Senior Cup tie last week, a game he had no need to attend if he wasn't interested in the club.

SC was at the Manchester Senior Cup tie last week, a game he had no need to attend if he wasn't interested in the club.

I didnt say he wasnt interested in the club. Just like i dont believe the 2000 fans that have now decided not to come every week are not interested in the club.

I certainly won't be going for the rest of the season. The club/board seems to have given up so I am too.

Until Corney puts his hand in his pocket and shows some ambition, decent players will not sign for us and we will continue our decline all the way to the conference. If Corney does NOT have the money to halt our slide and take us further up the footballing pyramid, then he needs to pack his stuff up and feck off!

Koukash was told where to go for wanting to build a new stadium for :censored:'s sake. It may not have been 100% viable but at least he showed some bloody ambition!!!!!

I have lost the faith.

deluded as well....