January player of the month

As much as I agree Harkins and Wesolowski deserve to be in the running, I think korey Smith hasnt been anywhere near his usual levels, most likely from playing all the way over xmas, and I think Oxley has been a stand out man in numerous games this month, showing just how poorly we have been defensively.

Tbh I'd vote for Wes, purely on the fact he's remained solid and added a couple of goals to his tally. Harkins has come in and impressed, but I feel that this is the sort of level we will learn to expect from him, and Wes has gone above and beyond his usual game.

"Well In" Wes for me.

Thats the Wesoloski challenge right there. Try saying his name during the game, without having to put 'well in' before it. Bet you can't!!!

He does so much work the side. And - the biggest compliment you can give a player. We miss him so so much when he doesnt play.

Come on leaps & bounds this season, and he's

started to add goals - vital ones at vital times too.

Special mention for Sir Gary Harkins though: what a 2nd half performance vs P'boro!

"Well In" Wes for me.

Thats the Wesoloski challenge right there. Try saying his name during the game, without having to put 'well in' before it. Bet you can't!!!

He does so much work the side. And - the biggest compliment you can give a player. We miss him so so much when he doesnt play.

Special mention for Sir Gary Harkins though: what a 2nd half performance vs P'boro!

I've said "Get in there Wes!" twice this month, once against Stevenage and once against Peterborough. However, it's not the first time this season that I've been unable to vote for who I would give player of the month to, and the other times they've been Wes, but this time it's Oxley.

As the manager is the one who decides who gets nominated, maybe my football knowledge and eye for a good performance isn't anywhere near as good as I thought it was. It's slightly depressing actually.

"Well In" Wes for me.

What Sly said. Wes for me, all day.

I agree that Wes deserves it. He should also walk the player of the season awards if he carries on like he has been since October. It's often said (it was said of Duxbury) that his type is a "manager's player" because we fans don't appreciate the value of what he brings to the team. I think that's wrong in Wes's case. People can see how important he is off the ball - and even on the ball he knows his limits but Johnson has got him driving forward more than he ever did before.

Having said that, even though it's unfair on Wes and even if it's only based on 45 minutes out of 31 days, player of the month is surely Gary Harkins. That second half against Peterborough was why we watch football. It's not just for his assists and goals but for the entertainment. Nicking the ball inside his own box and strolling past two opponents is worth the award on its own. As is injuring an opponent simply by being too skillful for him. Or putting someone on the floor with his arse. The list of quality things he did (at walking pace!!) in that game goes on.

Another appalling legacy of the Chris Moore era. The money he threw at the team meant we were deprived of the opportunity to build a midfield around Rickers and Boshell. Just think where we could be now...

Looking forward to a summer where England's midfield in Brazil would be dominated by the BOSHATRON!

Edited by beag_teeets

Another appalling legacy of the Chris Moore era. The money he threw at the team meant we were deprived of the opportunity to build a midfield around Rickers and Boshell. Just think where we could be now...

How very very dare you mention Paul Rickers in the same breath as Danny Boshell. Wash your :censored: mouth out young man :grin:.