The Banning Of Smoking In Cars When Children Are Present

Monty Burns

Not very often I find myself vehemently agreeing with government policies, but I must say I think this would be a brilliant law to introduce and I believed everyone would feel the same. Then I saw some guy from pro smoking group forrest on the news saying it was rubbish, fair enough I thought, he would say that seeing as he represents the smoking lobby. Then I read some lib dem saying it was a rubbish idea, fair enough, I thought, he is a lib dem pleb. But that was two people who had gone out of their way to voice opposition to what I deemed was a great idea.

So, I thought, l lets take it to owtb. One can always find an idiot or two on there...

What about in a convertable?

Surely drivers should just be done for not paying due care and attention.

I take it you saw that Tory knobhead posing the convertible question in the Commons? How many people actually drive a convertible? ...Other than my boss...

I take it you saw that Tory knobhead posing the convertible question in the Commons? How many people actually drive a convertible? ...Other than my boss...

No, I was just wondering what would happen to me if I bought a convertible.

And took up smoking, hired a driver then had some children to smoke in front of in the aforementioned car.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Most parents i know don't smoke around their children, and certainly wouldn't smoke in a car whilst children are present. Is a law really necessary? and will it work? The mobile phone whilst driving doesn't.

Besides you are putting children at risk just taking them to a car, what with all the cancerous chemicals we breath in from diesel engine fumes and the like, Not much chance of that :censored: being outlawed i suppose.

This is how I look at it.

It's consent issue. I think that the law should be (though we obviously aren't there yet) that it is illegal to a smoke around another person without their consent. Children are too young to give consent.

Therefore I am all in favour of this rule.

Guest Scratch2000uk

This is true. But I bet when they go outside for a snout they come straight back in? Need to stay outside for a few minutes as millions of badness cells are still stuck to their clothes.

I dare say there's plenty of other poisonous :censored:e i have to breathe in, and yes, without my consent too.