What games are you playing at the moment?

Matt

Paradox sale on Steam at the moment - up to 80% off on some titles.

Not connected to the above, but thoroughly enjoying playing Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014), picked it up cheap from a carboot. Fantastic acting and story recommended if you haven't played it yet.

- and id know how to create a theme tune...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paradox sale on Steam at the moment - up to 80% off on some titles.

Might buy Horse Lords for CK2, bit annoyed Conclave isn't on sale though.

It's all I can do not to pull the trigger on Pillars, too. I just don't have the time to commit to it but goddamn I want to play it.

Might buy Horse Lords for CK2, bit annoyed Conclave isn't on sale though.

It's all I can do not to pull the trigger on Pillars, too. I just don't have the time to commit to it but goddamn I want to play it.

I want to pick up Crusader Kings 2 and DLC or HoI3, but I've got Win10 so I'm unsure of compatibility.

CK2, for me, is a game with so many possibilities it's unreal, especially with all the DLC. Once you've learnt the basic mechanics of it it's a blast. Once you learn the more intricate mechanics of the different religions and cultures... that's when the fun really starts.

There are also a lot of excellent mods for it, too.

This is in a interesting game concept, I'm not going to say anything about what Moirai is and please don't look it up; the less you know going into this the better.

The game plays for only a few minutes - if you're anything like me, the realisation at the end of the game is surprising.

Moirai.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/496920/

Succumbed to No Man's Sky. I'm enjoying it so far, I like the open endedness and not having to save the girl and kill the baddies.

Glad you're enjoying it - the premise was astounding, the delivered product less so. There's been a lot of activity in r/gaming regarding Steam refunding players, I suppose providing a game with no missions, growth as a character, or a story means people get bored pretty easy. What little objectives there are leave the player underwhelmed.

Ending spoiler.

I've seen the ending, bit of a kick in the bollocks to be fair - the whole game resets after the birth of another galaxy.

Glad you're enjoying it - the premise was astounding, the delivered product less so. There's been a lot of activity in r/gaming regarding Steam refunding players...

They've had a field day over it, have r/gaming. But then that's not unusual it's a pretty hot-headed place at the best of times!

Meanwhile, and technically on a tangent, I've just got Betrayal At The House On The Hill (boardgame) which is proving to be a lot of fun (with a lot of rules) so far...

They've had a field day over it, have r/gaming. But then that's not unusual it's a pretty hot-headed place at the best of times!

Meanwhile, and technically on a tangent, I've just got Betrayal At The House On The Hill (boardgame) which is proving to be a lot of fun (with a lot of rules) so far...

I remember the circlejerk with Destiny, r/gaming reads like it's full of 14-17 year-olds and Bungie must have read the lot as they bent over big time to accommodate their 'community'. It became a mess run by kids.

Love boardgames, favourites are Forbidden Island, Pathfinder ACG, D-Day Dice, Shoot Out Ice Hockey (which is more a dice and chart game), and Pandemic. I don't have a lot of opportunity for group play so I generally play co-ops or solitaire games, but I'm trying to get my eldest into Pathfinder - he likes RNG loot games/roguelikes.

I have a lot of online resources for boardgames, I'll pass them on if you want.

I have a lot of online resources for boardgames, I'll pass them on if you want.

Memememememememe!

Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride were particular favourites many moons ago. I'm a bit less of a fan of arbitrary dice-rollers but I'll give anything a go once.

(PS. I've ordered Rise of Iron after a couple of mates persuaded me to jump on Destiny again a couple of weeks ago. Crackbastard:censored:inggame.)

Going back to NMS, most 'sandpit' games do still handhold and get you to do mission X which unlocks Y which you need to do Z. There does appear to be a mission that needs doing but I've not done much with it. So far happy just to pootle around getting stuff done to get cash to upgrade stuff. I want to get to a point where I am nails before setting off back on the main plot line. This could be quite game breaking as by the time I properly start the quest thing I will be overpowered. But in the meantime it is nice not worrying about what I *should* be doing. It truly is an open universe with granted fairly limited options at the moment. If the devs do add some things in I can see this being a truly wonderful game but I hope they add the right things and not just appease the loudest moaners.

• 1 month later...

The Japanese, Asia in general I suppose, combine horror, folk legend and children's perceptions (edit: plus amazing sound tracks) very well indeed and Yomowari: Night Alone is no exception. Stick this on your Steam wishlist...

Lads - my 6 year old is after a PS4 or XBOX for Christmas to play FIFA, Minecraft and Minecraft Story Mode - would one be better than the other or are they much of a muchness?

At his age, there'll be no noticeable difference. I'd go for XB for backwards compatibility with the 360 - loads of free and cheap games like Lego, Roblox and the like.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got him the xbox in the end and am now intending to comandeer it for myself from tomorrow - Fallout 4 that a few of you have mentioned looks good & cheap.

Assassins Creed Ezio Collection looks alright too but none of you mention it on this thread - any good?

I was hoping for something history based, eg Ancient Greece or Rome but cant find anything. Any recommendations here?

I got him the xbox in the end and am now intending to comandeer it for myself from tomorrow - Fallout 4 that a few of you have mentioned looks good & cheap.

Assassins Creed Ezio Collection looks alright too but none of you mention it on this thread - any good?

I was hoping for something history based, eg Ancient Greece or Rome but cant find anything. Any recommendations here?

Ryse: Son of Rome - it was an early release so it should be cheap, it was pretty good too.

Fallout is brilliant, it'll suck the hours out of you.

I can recommend Wolfenstein, Halo series, and the Gears of War series - all great stories. GTA 5 obvs. Rocket League is fun.

Assassins Creed is a bit of a marmite game, I've only really played Black Flag and thoroughly enjoyed it - I've tried one other but it's all a bit samey - for me, once you've played one you've played them all, not looked at Syndicate but I've heard good things.

Watch out for Red Dead Redemption 2, that's what we're all waiting for...

When you mention playing online for multiplayer versions do you have to pay for this?

Same with Roblox - I've downloaded it but it says you need to go online to play it - do I need to pay for that through XBOX Live (or whatever it's called) or do I just need to adjust the settings to allow online access?

Edited by HarryBosch

When you mention playing inline for multiplayer versions do you have to pay for this?

Same with Roblox - I've downloaded it but it says you need to go online to play it - do I need to pay for that through XBOX Live (or whatever it's called) or do I just need to adjust the settings to allow online access?

You'll need Xbox Live to play online - about £35 a year, it's worth it - all things considered, online gaming is one thing Microsoft does better than Sony time and time again.