Madine

One was premeditated, one wasn't. One outcome was tragic, one wasn't.

Im not claiming Hughes meant to do it, it was he actions afterwards that stick.

Trying to make some money hy ripping people off is a crime, Im not saying Montaño should be let off, far from it, but Im not as ashamed of him playing for us as Hughes

The point with Hughes is that a bad apple can ruin the cart.

While someone like that may bring goals in the short term they can be destructive to the squad as a whole. The atmosphere around the place just before Hughes departure was poisonous and it lead to the end of season fall out with doggate and the run of poor results.

It's a no from me

Well said, we have tried with one who uttered the usual crap 'I am trying to become a better person', that's enough! No!

Lee Hughes scored 25 in 55 for us. No striker in the past 20 years has that goal ratio for us!

Really? Thought Hughes was a very successful signing for us...

He was on the pitch.

Which is where it matters

Indeed

This. Over and over and over and over again! For all his off the field problems, on the field he was :censored:ing great!!!

This. Over and over and over and over again! For all his off the field problems, on the field he was :censored:ing great!!!

Easy to say when you don't have to share a dressing room with him do you remember how poor we were between jan and March 2009?

Theirs a reason big Joe got rid of him.

There's also a reason why Big Joe only won one game in his return spell and took us from 7th to just about in the top half...

That of ourse is true however we had ran out of steam by the time joe came in the teams and Hughes form had dipped a few months before that.

I don't mind players with big egos abit of arrogance that can win you games. I don't expect footballers to be whiter than white, I don't mind if they go out for a drink from time to time

But when it gets to a stage where it's detrimental to the rest of the team the management and the club it's a problem.

Didn't Hughes turn up pissed to training which is why Joe got rid their was other allegations about him his drinking aswell at the time.