• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite keen for Johnson's players to start a game as if thhey intend to win it.

Agreed, IMO the present formation for home matches of deep lying midfielders and non attacking full backs gives away the early initiative.

Edited by BP1960

There's no evidence to suggest Johnson is any better than Dickov, however much his fanboys want us to believe he is.

The worry is that we might have already seen the high watermark of Johnson's reign...

He's hit a big problem in that his plans have been shattered by too many outgoing and incoming players, his job now is to galvanise what he's got, stave off relegation, and start next season a wiser man.

But that wasn't his point. His point was that Johnson changes games with his changes, but Dickov never did...

I agree with you, Dickov did more in his first season than Johnson has. I just hope we make gradual progression under LJ as opposed to the gradual demise under PD.

Oh dear, we've reached "that" time again.

Can I be the first to say that Johnson's successor is gash, has lost the dressing room, is tactically inept, clueless and should be sacked.

Let us get on the managerial merry go round again, have a 2 month honeymoon period followed by sticky patch then fire off the :censored:, get a new :censored: in and go through the sodding dance again.

Or maybe just try and give one of them a decent crack at it, let them make their mistakes but give it a right proper go over several seasons and not just crack at the first sign of trouble.

Can I be the first to say that Johnson's successor is gash, has lost the dressing room, is tactically inept, clueless and should be sacked.

Let us get on the managerial merry go round again, have a 2 month honeymoon period followed by sticky patch then fire off the :censored:, get a new :censored: in and go through the sodding dance again.

Or maybe just try and give one of them a decent crack at it, let them make their mistakes but give it a right proper go over several seasons and not just crack at the first sign of trouble.

Nobody is calling for his head...

I agree with the sentiment.

But how much longer should we have given Penney or Dickov?

Wrong thread?

How come it's taken you so long to break your silence on this? :grin:

If I repeat if often enough Harry it might find the managers ears. :grin:

BTW, I forgot to mention Dan Gardner scored again for Chesterfield ? :wink:

Quote from the Chesterfield fans forum;

"Who's the commentator? comparing Gardner to Zidane! "

Edited by BP1960

As Lee says, no-one is calling for his head. If you ignore the lunacy of alex-balls' posts, then this thread is full of posters debating the change in style, formation and tactics of the side; the big turnaround in player in's & out's so far over the season etc.

That's what I wanted to happen when I made the OP.

I guess you can expect that there is always going to be 1 or 2 who have, for some unknown reason, taken a dislike to the manager (sorry, salesman!) - but the majority on here are behind him.

In my case, I am behind him; have been and will continue to be. I'm just wondering what happened to his earlier ideas and tactics, and where he is going with this side / future sides.

Only negative, deluded trolls would think of questioning the managers tactics, how dare they have the audacity to do such a thing!

Personally, it's about the way in which the criticism is levelled at the manager's tactics. There is always room for reasoned debate about things, but the teeth-gnashing and the caterwauling serves no purpose at all.

Bournemouth at home in Dickov's first season : One down. He made a double substitution that effectively won us that game. Alessandra came on along with someone else I think...

That's a fairly rare example of a genuine considered tactical change from Dickov. For every one of them i will raise you 3 10 minute cameos of JVM up front looking confused how he got there.

Including Plymouth at home when he stuck Mvoto up there and he scored the winner...?

Do it every game, and eventually, by the laws of probability, he was bound to bundle the ball into the net off his left arse cheek and score a goal.

I never saw anything in JYM that suggested to me he'd be a better bet up front searching for a goal...