BP seating arrangements and improved atmosphere

Best seating arrangements at BP  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What is the vest seating arrangement to boost atmosphere at BP

• No change. Home and away fans in RRE. Latics have big section.
    • Home fans congregated in the Chaddy. Away fans have the whole RRE.
    • Away fans in the Chaddy. Home fans in the RRE.
    • Latics fans have small section of RRE. Away fans in the big section.
    • Away fans in the mainstand paddock
    • Other

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are ways & means to go about it; but "them tosser stewards" are only doing the job they're being paid to do.

Its an all seater stadium.

The clues in the title there.

You have to sit down.

The same stewards didn't make Preston sit down today, despite the clue being in the title

I've got another idea. Instead of offering a huge discount on RRE season tickets for Chaddyenders, the club should hike the price of Chaddy season tickets to £50,000.

And make individual match tickets £10,000 apiece.

sounds like a cunning plan baldrick :)

My opinion is that we should avoid the singing fans at one end and away fans at the other end at all costs.

A survey of all league fans came to the conclusion that we were one of the better away days, especially for atmosphere. That's not because we have massively vocal home fans - we're no better or worse than any other club - it's that our home fans are next to the away fans. Look at Tranmere for the opposite.

Not only were our fans inaudible from even the Main Stand today due to the nature of the Chaddy, there was no banter betwen home and away fans either.

That's why I'd like a singing section in the new North Stand at the end closest the away fans much in the way Port Vale have, who tend to have a good atmosphere. That's the best option in terms of every dispute.

Edited by NewBlue

Fair play to the chaddy end on Saturday . It didn't carry over to the MSU rre side but you could see the effort was there .

LJ was impressed and must have realised it's not about swapping ends. He said: “They were brilliant and I thank them for that. I enjoyed the drum and they were going to sing win, lose or draw and that was fantastic.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84960/boss-ponders-fresh-impact

LJ was impressed and must have realised it's not about swapping ends. He said: “They were brilliant and I thank them for that. I enjoyed the drum and they were going to sing win, lose or draw and that was fantastic.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84960/boss-ponders-fresh-impact

Why must he of realised that? He wants to keep fans in one half of Chaddy End with other half to away fans.

I think next season will see the RRE allocated to away fans only.

I'd suggest they price the Chaddy to be the home of the masses. Sort of.

With the new stand not being ready until at least January, I think next season might be the last season as it is.

Unless the pull down the Chaddy or Main Stand any time soon, which wouldn't surprise me!

With the new stand not being ready until at least January, I think next season might be the last season as it is.

Unless the pull down the Chaddy or Main Stand any time soon, which wouldn't surprise me!

Thought it was supposed to be open for start of next season? Can't remember seeing anything saying next January?

Thought it was supposed to be open for start of next season? Can't remember seeing anything saying next January?

I remember before construction began it was quoted as a January 2014 - January 2015 construction time.

Whether this changes or not we'll see. They might be able to get the seats in and concourse done to get spectators in, before the upstairs offices/boxes etc are done.