Rooney scores a penalty - that wins the cup

How do you figure that? It's a proper cup final, with a trophy at stake and, for all you can say about the standards of the other teams, Celtic are in it. How can that be the same as winning what is effectively a semi-final of a lower league competition in England?

It's hard to compare, but the losing finalists had Dean Brill in net. And they're 5th in the Premier league.

What I think it means is just because it doesn't work out at a certain club does not make that player :censored:. Different club different opinions. Can you imagine if everyone had left Irwin rotting because he was good not enough to make Leeds first team in Bremners opinion

Edited by palmer1

What I think it means is just because it doesn't work out at a certain club does not make that player :censored:. Different club different opinions. Can you imagine if everyone had left Irwin rotting because he was good enough to make Leeds first team in Bremner s opinion

Totally agree and thats why we have to get a nucleas of players and build around them even royle brought in some dross but we still dont know our best 11, players in one week dont make matchday squads the next then get brought back in a couple of week later, harkins is quality and for me if he wanted could fit in anywhere but we have to try and build some continuity, thought turner/charlie showed some promise tuesday but both were benched again on saturday that cant be good.

No, I don't think he had an option and I believe he wanted Rooney to stay. He left because he was not happy here and certain fans like always at this club do not make it easy for a player or team out of form.

He gone to a club currently in form and I'm guessing playing in front of fans that don't bitch and moan at every miss placed pass or off target shot and look what's happened.

In the end it was better he moved on for him...for Oldham Athletic? Not so much

You're right, you are guessing if you haven't been.

I have - saw Aberdeen vs Rangers a couple of seasons ago.

Sat in the home end, the abuse they gave their own players was unbelievable. Darren Mackie; Chris McGuire and Andrew Constadine in particular that game came in for the sort of abuse i've never heard before or since.

So - in terms of Rooney going to club where the fans are always supportive and dont bitch & moan, you're very wrong in your assumption...

Sat in the home end, the abuse they gave their own players was unbelievable. Darren Mackie; Chris McGuire and Andrew Constadine in particular that game came in for the sort of abuse i've never heard before or since.

So - in terms of Rooney going to club where the fans are always supportive and dont bitch & moan, you're very wrong in your assumption...

Would you recommend signing them ?

I didn't say always did I? I was talking about currently. They are doing well in their league and just won the cup. I'm assuming they are happy this season.

Are you assuming they are still unhappy because you saw them oncd a few years ago against a team that have not been in their league for 2 years?

It makes me chuckle that some on here actually believe Oldham fans are in some way intrinsically different to any any other fans in terms of giving their own players abuse. We're the same as those up and down the country. No different at all.