Rooney scores a penalty - that wins the cup

Couldn't give a toss!

Fair play to him but how many threads are needed about players that FAILED HERE every time they do anything elsewhere?

Idiots wanted him gone and he went....move on.He has

Some more balanced thinkers considered it best he moved on too.

No, I don't think he had an option and I believe he wanted Rooney to stay. He left because he was not happy here and certain fans like always at this club do not make it easy for a player or team out of form.

He gone to a club currently in form and I'm guessing playing in front of fans that don't bitch and moan at every miss placed pass or off target shot and look what's happened.

In the end it was better he moved on for him...for Oldham Athletic? Not so much

Edited by palmer1

No, I don't think he had an option and I believe he wanted Rooney to stay. He left because he was not happy here and certain fans like always at this club do not make it easy for a player or team out of form.

He gone to a club currently in form and I'm guessing playing in front of fans that don't bitch and moan at every miss placed pass or off target shot and look what's happened.

In the end it was better he moved on for him...for Oldham Athletic? Not so much

The fans did not influence Johnson to go to the press and say he's not a babysitter (or whatever words he used). You can argue whether the manager was using him wrongly or he just wasn't good enough. What he does at another club is irrelevant, he was a waste of a wage for us.

He's not a babysitter and any footballer that can't stand a little critism from his boss will go nowhere in this game including JCH.

He clearly is good enough as he is proving he was just out of form and unhappy.Like I say though he has gone so......meh!

He's not a babysitter and any footballer that can't stand a little critism from his boss will go nowhere in this game including JCH.

He clearly is good enough as he is proving he was just out of form and unhappy.Like I say though he has gone so......meh!

same could be argued that any manager who constantly critisizes his players wont go anywhere in the game but time will tell on that front, tim sherwood and LJ seem as desperate as each other to blame everyone but themselves for their teams poor results.

I'd put the Scottish league cup on about the same par as winning the Area final of the jpt.

How do you figure that? It's a proper cup final, with a trophy at stake and, for all you can say about the standards of the other teams, Celtic are in it. How can that be the same as winning what is effectively a semi-final of a lower league competition in England?