ian hume

dipresses me seeing someone like him go on loan to fleetwood when its exactly what we need. he may not be the best but has at least scored 75+ career goals and played at a higher level. anyone else thinking this is the sort of loan move we need rather than more midfielders and central defenders

really?? perhaps you can point them out to me. clean sheets wont keep us up it will be by winning games and no-one can score apart from harkins. i can only see clarke-harris as someone who may be good enough to cut it at this level

dipresses me seeing someone like him go on loan to fleetwood when its exactly what we need. he may not be the best but has at least scored 75+ career goals and played at a higher level. anyone else thinking this is the sort of loan move we need rather than more midfielders and central defenders

Maybe because Fleetwood have a big budget and can afford his wages.

for 18/19 y/o turner to come out of the conference north and make any impact at all or be included in our striker options is asking an awful lot. if we are relying on him making an impact id be worried, experienced strikers like hume would be much better options as at least they have scored at that level and higher. macdonald missed two sitters at 1-0 down against rotherham plus spent the best of his years in the conference. i would admit though that i thought he did ok, held it up and made some decent runs which is more than ive seen from him in other games. i dont think he's he is good enough though, perhaps as a squad player or off the bench but no better and his goals record this year suggests that.

Although I think Hume isn't a bad player and yes he does score a few but we have:

Macdonald - GENERALLY not bad in front of goal

JCH - tries to make an impact, is a presence but is hardly prolific

Turner - bashing them in in reserve games so needs a chance

Philiskirk - hit a bad spell of form but scored a few early season

We also have 6 loans is it? (I stand to be corrected) and I don't think yet another signing would help.

Also believe Fleetwood have a much bigger budget so they are more likely to sign a player of Hume's 'quality' if you like

watched him in all his reserves starts and he can play wins his fair share in the air lovely bit of pace and given chances he can finish, amazed he wasnt used at crewe along with charlie as they were the sort of pairing that would of worried crewe but thats another thread, like to see him given the chance saturday with jch coming on last half hour when he seems most effective.

Although I think Hume isn't a bad player and yes he does score a few but we have:

Macdonald - GENERALLY not bad in front of goal

JCH - tries to make an impact, is a presence but is hardly prolific

Turner - bashing them in in reserve games so needs a chance

Philiskirk - hit a bad spell of form but scored a few early season

It's not hard to see why we might go down. I'm not saying any of those are bad players but it's a weak front line. Only one of those can be considered a fully fledge proven League One striker, and he's susceptible to injury and getting on.

The others are kids whose careers could go either way. The fact we're depending on these four to score the goals necessary to keep us up is worrying.

It's not hard to see why we might go down. I'm not saying any of those are bad players but it's a weak front line. Only one of those can be considered a fully fledge proven League One striker, and he's susceptible to injury and getting on.

The others are kids whose careers could go either way. The fact we're depending on these four to score the goals necessary to keep us up is worrying.

It's been the glaring problem all season, bit late to be worrying now!

Our problem is that despite creating enough chances for them the 'strikers' (glad to see Millar is not included) have only converted two this year. Unless LJ is prepared to play Turner by which I mean a run of games (Turner to start and JCH to finish wouldn't be a bad idea) it would have been right to bring in another striker.