Tomorrow's loan deadline

Anyone reckon we'll make any signings before 5pm tomorrow?

The only player I'd bring in would be a physical, mobile striker who can play the role JCH currently plays in case JCH gets injured. We have other strikers who can play other roles but not for the current set up.

The striker wouldn't need to score goals but they'd need to be a workhorse for the rest of the team.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

nope due to us having 6 in already on loan, wouldn't mind seeing a striker though

With Byrom and Kissock injured we still have room for 1 more if needed.

It's a tricky one because I certainly wouldn't change any of the starting XI and we aren't short of players on the bench, it's just the specific role that JCH plays at the moment which we aren't really covered for and losing him would mean that we'd probably need to change our whole set up.

The trouble is where are you going to find a striker of a decent build and physical presence, who can also hit the target reliability. Chances are they'll be at a higher level.

I guess we went for that in the form of Stead. Value for money?

Turner could play JCH's role it's worth noting. He's good at handling long passes and is a clinical finished. A real prospect.

I suppose he could also put Harkins up top.

I think he might stick with what we've got.

The trouble is where are you going to find a striker of a decent build and physical presence, who can also hit the target reliability. Chances are they'll be at a higher level.

I guess we went for that in the form of Stead. Value for money?

Turner could play JCH's role it's worth noting. He's good at handling long passes and is a clinical finished. A real prospect.

I suppose he could also put Harkins up top.

I think he might stick with what we've got.

As stupid as it sounds, I don't think we need some who's going to be prolific. We just need some who's going to bring the rest of the team into play and who's going to be a nuisance for defences. Someone in the Jabo Ibehre mould for example but who's available.

If they do bring in another striker I would have preferred keeping stead and giving him a chance to play himself into some form, which I think he would have done eventually. Let's be honest what sort of quality would be available for loan T this stage of the campaign , I'd guess either totally unproven, which we already have or grossly out of form/shape. Stick with what we got I say .