Breaking news - Boundary Park designated as a fracking site !

It’s been on the early news this morning Boundary Park has been designated as a fracking site, with work to commence before the start of the 2018/2019 season.

Oldham Athletic would receive an undisclosed sum which would be used to build a new stadium - possibly out of town, and recruit top quailty players.

There’s sure to be a massive protest about this and I’m going to set up a petition on OWTB, after all they wouldn't dare propose fracking at Eastlands or Old Trafford, so why should we accept it ?

you are right boundary park is fracking awesome expeccialy when we are as loud as that on sat.

They say the acoustics at the new stadium will be even better, the capacity is expected to be about 25,000.

more important you wont have to queue up at half time for a pint they just bring them to you.

I might have to drop my protest if that's the case, I like a pint with my prawn sandwiches.

Edited by BP1960

Droylsden going bust was one of bad timing - originated from DFC themselves no less; Ashton United and Curzon Ashton merging to become Ashton Athletic caught me out.

Salmon on a Scottish pound coin instead of the Queen will get some backs up in the Torygraph.

I wondered why blitz and Gazal had set up their own Fracking company. The Baz Owen appointment makes more sense, need someone the police any protests.

Just checked public accounts, Frackingbank is indeed a listed company.

Fracking is totally unnecessary. If everyone goes in the RRE every week, the noise blast from the superior acoustics will shake the oil to the top. Could make playing conditions somewhat dicey. Corney out.

With all the pints sunk in the RRE I should imagine there's plenty of gas to exploit there without the need for tunnelling.