New Signing 2 - Brian Wilson

No, your asset stripper quip gives the impression of a club adding to what it's already got though.

Time will tell if they are improvements on what we have lost, Jones and Mills certainly decent operators at this level.

Someone used the term asset strippers - which suggested the owners were selling off all our best players to line their pockets and leave the club in the :censored:.

My view is that Johnson has let the players go he either didn't want or knew he couldn't keep and has replaced them with good signings. So although not necessarily adding to what we had before in terms of numbers, we might be improving the overall quality of the squad.

So, definitively, what is he? Right back??

Yep.

But can & has played in midfield as RM & CM, and at LB. but he's only filled in at those positions from what i've just read: he's a Right Back first and foremost.

He was also Colchesterd captain, who they wanted to keep; but he turned them down and has signed for us.

This is obviously just my opinion, but i really do not imagine he's moved away from a side he captained, turned down fresh terms and moved his family up here to be a reserve.

He's here to play IMO. He's our new Right Back.

Connor Brown drops to the bench to provide adequate cover. Or - if injuries bite; either he or B Wilson could move to RM.

A happy day for me this: defence looks cracking now:

Mills - J Wilson - Lockwood / Kusunga - B Wilson

Happy days...

Edited by slystallone

Yep.

But can & has played in midfield as RM & CM, and at LB. but he's only filled in at those positions from what i've just read: he's a Right Back first and foremost.

He was also Colchesterd captain, who they wanted to keep; but he turned them down and has signed for us.

This is obviously just my opinion, but i really do not imagine he's moved away from a side he captained, turned down fresh terms and moved his family up here to be a reserve.

He's here to play IMO. He's our new Right Back.

Connor Brown drops to the bench to provide adequate cover. Or - if injuries bite; either he or B Wilson could move to RM.

A happy day for me this: defence looks cracking now:

Mills - J Wilson - Lockwood / Kusunga - B Wilson

Happy days...

Think Connor Brown might play a few games at LB, either replacing Mills when required or moving Mills into midfield.

I'd imagine we won't see much of Winchester in an Oldham shirt next season, but a prolonged spell out on loan could prove vital to his development. It might also mean some time out on loan for Mellor too.

The other possibility is to play more of a 3-5-2 style formation with Brian Wilson and Mills as the wing-backs.

Think Connor Brown might play a few games at LB, either replacing Mills when required or moving Mills into midfield.

I'd imagine we won't see much of Winchester in an Oldham shirt next season, but a prolonged spell out on loan could prove vital to his development. It might also mean some time out on loan for Mellor too.

The other possibility is to play more of a 3-5-2 style formation with Brian Wilson and Mills as the wing-backs.

Mellor as utility man?

Didn't he score for us in a game a few years ago with an own goal scored by someone who looked like he'd never played football before...

Thought you meant Lord Kangana, it sent shivers down my spine.

Edited by BP1960