sky sports news

I never said it was going to happen, and i agree 16000 is more than enough.

However does talking about the future in optimistic fashion no matter how unlikely embarress anyone?

Makes a change from the negativey that is constant upon this message board

I think that the idea that this board is consumed by negativity is a myth that's often purported. There are those who are unduly negative at times (some would probably put me in that category!) and some who are unwaveringly positive but most lie somewhere in the middle. I can see your point about the 'embarrassing' comment but people are always likely to take the more extreme comments to task, whether positive or negative.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be the case that we become an upper championship team but we'd need a lot of luck. Take blackpool for instance (currently not the best example but bare with me) did their ground up to make money 365 days a year. That improved the playing budget. They did this gradually as they could afford it and even suffered league 2 football. Got lucky with the right manager at the right time and made it to the prem. there crowds were no better than ours 10 years ago.

Now our ground will hold 13500 ish when the new stand is up. I reckon u could add 1000 to the chaddy if designed properly so there's 14500. A new 2 tiered mainstand costing similar to what the north stand has cost would probably get 5-6000 in. Takes us up to 16500-17500ish?

All pipe dream stuff at the minute though.

No, moaning about every little :censored:in thing that goes on at the club is embarrassing.

Talk of the bigger crowds and playing at a higher level is looking to the future and being optimistic and probably the first time the club has shown real ambition in years.

Thiiiiiiis!

Surely capacity is a measurement of how many fans we could safety house and not how many seats we have?

With the safe-standing method, each fan is assigned a place, which alligns with a seat that would be there. So it'd be the same capacity seated or standing.

Although, rail seating wouldn't automatically be required in league 1, i'd guess, if we were simply allowed to revert to terracing similar to that of Peterborough etc.

With the safe-standing method, each fan is assigned a place, which alligns with a seat that would be there. So it'd be the same capacity seated or standing.

Although, rail seating wouldn't automatically be required in league 1, i'd guess, if we were simply allowed to revert to terracing similar to that of Peterborough etc.

Arrrgh I didn't know we didn't need to have rail seating if we took the standing option.. Although I'm sure I saw a promo video on rail seats that said once the seats where up the terracing would hold more than if they was down

*Edit* found the video

The argument almost comes redundant if we are not required to install these at our level however if we was to go with the standing option I'd like to see these seats installed to save us going through another construction process if we did get promoted

Edited by OAFCM35