attendancies

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea why displaying his picture/related flags would be regarded as a peaceful positive statement?

It the revolutionary aspect that is used - maybe wrongly - however the fact still remains that the positive statements displayed on flags made by fans at football matches similar to Anti Racism, Homophobia, and others are sometimes seen with a Revolutionary Che flag. I can't change that.

It the revolutionary aspect that is used - maybe wrongly - however the fact still remains that the positive statements displayed on flags made by fans at football matches similar to Anti Racism, Homophobia, and others are sometimes seen with a Revolutionary Che flag. I can't change that.

Che image is definitely wrongly used by the left wing considering the bloke was a racist himself

Maybe in a fashionable corner in a London suburb, maybe not. I wouldn't know. However you'll often see other flags alongside Che flags at Clapham, United Glasgow, AFC, FCUM, St.Pauli, Cuidad de Murcia, Null Drei, Minsk, other fan-owned or social community clubs and so-on across the world, making a peaceful, positive statement for whatever it might be.

Another Football Is Possible.

BWTR92GIAAAAaET.jpg

Did any of these clubs really have serious issues with racism and homophobia etc but these communist offended by everything types turned up with there Left Wing ideology and man love banners?

Did any of these clubs really have serious issues with racism and homophobia etc but these communist offended by everything types turned up with there Left Wing ideology and man love banners?

Read the Daily Mail if you want to witness a slice of 'offended by anything types' - can't vouch for them all, but they're there - and considering that statement, I think fan pressure is still needed at a lot of clubs.

Read the Daily Mail if you want to witness a slice of 'offended by anything types' - can't vouch for them all, but they're there - and considering that statement, I think fan pressure is still needed at a lot of clubs.

Top swerve there Rummy

so what your really saying is you don't know if there was actually any homophobia or racism issues at these clubs beforehand?

Edited by OAFCM35

I'm actually crying with laughter at this. It's a positive statement of an attitude, not a...never mind. I'm enjoying this too much.

I'm joining the ComFast faction as soon as they let me in. I think it's a portmanteau word referencing one's commitment to both Communism and Buckfast.

I'm actually crying with laughter at this. It's a positive statement of an attitude, not a...never mind. I'm enjoying this too much.

I'm joining the ComFast faction as soon as they let me in. I think it's a portmanteau word referencing one's commitment to both Communism and Buckfast.

Another one who can't answer the question

Listen im all for opposing something if there's a valid reason to oppose it but it's seems to me there isn't or hasn't been at any of these clubs

It's not the 80s anymore.. The NF are at these games handing out right wing literature

Listen im all for opposing something if there's a valid reason to oppose it but it's seems to me there isn't or hasn't been at any of these clubs

It's not the 80s anymore.. The NF are at these games handing out right wing literature

Bradford had a rainbow flag over the ground. I thought it was a bit random but it didn't offend me at all. Personally I find it a bit tiresome if going to shout at people kicking a bag around gets turned into a political issue, but we all know if we are honest that it could still be a bit daunting for many minority groups to take the first step, so it's not a bad thing to have some people being positive either.

Bradford had a rainbow flag over the ground. I thought it was a bit random but it didn't offend me at all. Personally I find it a bit tiresome if going to shout at people kicking a bag around gets turned into a political issue, but we all know if we are honest that it could still be a bit daunting for many minority groups to take the first step, so it's not a bad thing to have some people being positive either.

I do take your point and the rainbow flag doesn't offend me either but I'd feel a lot less comfortable having to explain to my four year old son why there's a picture of two men kissing up at the back of the Chaddy..

I do take your point and the rainbow flag doesn't offend me either but I'd feel a lot less comfortable having to explain to my four year old son why there's a picture of two men kissing up at the back of the Chaddy..

Tell him they are Latics fans who love each other.

That's been answered. It's not the eighties, however there is still lots to be done.

Your four year old son isn't the one who is uncomfortable about it.

I didn't have a problem explaining it to my sons.

Four year olds are exceptionally good at accepting these things.

It isn't complicated.

On a slightly different tangent, I thought I might have difficulty accepting that my daughter is gay. Within hours of the (somewhat surprising) news, I realised I didn't.

The answer is I don't know whether those clubs had problems with homophobia, racism, sexism and so on. I also don't care. The banner is saying, "We are fans of this club and this is our standpoint, so shove it up your jumper." Fans should do more of that. Football has historically been massively politicised...it still is, if you care to see it.

Aye, I don't mind explaining to kids what a bastard is and why it's better than being a Yorkshireman, or why being full of tits, fanny and Oldham is what makes Lancashire wonderful, or what exactly Gregan did in a chippy, or what a :censored: is and why the angry man keeps shouting it at the referee, but having to explain why two men are kissing is too far.

That's been answered. It's not the eighties, however there is still lots to be done.

Like what exactly what's the specific need to nail colours to the mast when there's no evident of racism, sexism, homophobia or anything else you wish to oppose going on at these clubs?

Ohh and whilst we are at it.. What the bloody hell has the Spanish Civil War got to do with Dulwich, Clapton, FC United or any other of the Non-Spanish club?

Edited by OAFCM35

Like what exactly what's the specific need to nail colours to the mast when there's no evident of racism, sexism, homophobia or anything else you wish to oppose going on at these clubs?

There isn't a specific need. It's just something people do sometimes and should do more of.

Ohh and whilst we are at it.. What the bloody hell has the Spanish Civil War got to do with Dulwich, Clapton, FC United or any other of the Non-Spanish club?

It's all about solidarity, shared history etc. It used to be a feature of life before Thatcher and Murdoch and Reagan and other evil people came along and ruined it for everyone.