This Scottish referendum

HarryBosch

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be looked back on in a few years as a cornerstone in British politics, Westminster has to deliver their promises to Scotland now or labour will never win an election up there again and of course if we are giving these rights to Scotland surely Wales and Ulster should be asked if they want the same rights, as for the fail of the Yes campaign the SNP are to blame, 2 years they've had to prepare a legitimate argument that they could provide concrete answers about the future stability of Scotland and they failed to do that, when traditional SNP strongholds are voting against the SNP something has gone wrong

Better togther

Edited by OAFCM35

I think this will be looked back on in a few years as a cornerstone in British politics, Westminster has to deliver their promises to Scotland now or labour will never win an election up there again and of course if we are giving these rights to Scotland surely Wales and Ulster should be asked if they want the same rights, as for the fail of the Yes campaign the SNP are to blame, 2 years they've had to prepare a legitimate argument that they could provide concrete answers about the future stability of Scotland and they failed to do that, when traditional SNP strongholds are voting against the SNP something has gone wrong

Better togther

ulster? the north of ireland to you, danny boy! the occupied territories! those awkward 3 counties in the repulblic really must infuriate

Edited by Pine Villains

gordon brown is one of the politicos that have come out of all this quite well, i've always liked him and hope he can return as new labour leader.probably not but you never know

Scottish Labour Leader maybe. He's hardly been seen in London since he lost the election.

gordon brown is one of the politicos that have come out of all this quite well, i've always liked him and hope he can return as new labour leader.probably not but you never know

Watched him deliver a very powerful speech last night I've quite warmed up to him recently and to labour to a lesser extent

Edited by OAFCM35

You know you're getting old when the ancestral rulers of your Mum's native Kingdom start to look like pre-teen crime fighters

Aye, like policemen and doctors, loyalist paramilitaries seem to get younger and younger.

(and unusually multicultural)

Limmy said last night of the unrest in George Square: 'Imagine winning the referendum, and still being unhappy, angry, and that upset'

I had a feeling it was going to happen after Glasgow voted YES, and I'm quite sure that there were incidents created by both 'sides' - there have been reports of cars flying Union flags getting smashed up and girls with YES Saltires being chased by drunken idiots; we've seen the lads kicking somebody on the floor. Boils down to kids and beer, goading each other. However this caught my eye:

2lvlif9.jpg

Nothing says cretin more than a Union flag umbrella hat.

Limmy said last night of the unrest in George Square: 'Imagine winning the referendum, and still being unhappy, angry, and that upset'

I had a feeling it was going to happen after Glasgow voted YES, and I'm quite sure that there were incidents created by both 'sides' - there have been reports of cars flying Union flags getting smashed up and girls with YES Saltires being chased by drunken idiots; we've seen the lads kicking somebody on the floor. Boils down to kids and beer, goading each other. However this caught my eye:

2lvlif9.jpg

Nothing says cretin more than a Union flag umbrella hat.

As you said both sides where out goading each other and this would of happened regardless of the result or which way Glasgow voted 3 nights before the square was full of yes supporters signing vile songs and abusing passing supporters of the better together campaign

Do you know who the bloke in the Union Jack umbrella hat is?

Edited by OAFCM35

As you said both sides where out goading each other and this would of happened regardless of the result or which way Glasgow voted 3 nights before the square was full of yes supporters signing vile songs and abusing passing supporters of the better together campaign

Do you know who the bloke in the Union Jack umbrella hat is?

Not interested - let me guess, Batman? The fact that I don't know who he is, and he's holding a flag that I wouldn't associate with, is something that I'm particularly pleased with.

He is a very confused and frightened man. Why do you call him a 'top bloke'?

Edited that, he's not silly at all - just needs some guidance.

Doesn't seem confused or frightened at all

If anything he's a brave man for standing up for what he believes I'd also go as far as saying he's a very proud man, he's blatantly proud of his British Muslim heritage for those reasons alone he is a top man in my eyes

Not your stereotypical "bigot Gers fan" either

Doesn't seem confused or frightened at all.

Not your stereotypical "bigot Gers fan" either

He's holding a no surrender flag where he need not. He's ticking some of the boxes.

So he's against extremism and is peaceful, truly admirable. Is he still with the EDL?

I don't know if he still attends EDL demonstrations

You said he's a top bloke. I think you're taking the piss

He was/is in the EDL. The man in this video - some EDL :censored: - has a swastika tattoo, Mr.Salaam is appealing to him for some assurance 'You are EDL - are you racist?'

The conversation that ensues captures just how insecure Abdul is.He is confused and frightened. He may be proud, but unfortunately he was easily persuaded to believe all this horse:censored: and the EDL exploited him.

You said he's a top bloke. I think you're taking the piss

He was/is in the EDL. The man in this video - some EDL :censored: - has a swastika tattoo, Mr.Salaam is appealing to him for some assurance 'You are EDL - are you racist?'

The conversation that ensues captures just how insecure Abdul is.He is confused and frightened. He may be proud, but unfortunately he was easily persuaded to believe all this horse:censored: and the EDL exploited him.

I wasn't taking the piss, I genuinely respect him if you listen to what he says there is a lot of truth in there, he doesn't appear frightened by anything even when he is confronted by angry men of his own faith, granted he may seem unsure how answer carefully chosen questions from persons in the media, as for the bloke with swastika tattoo, people like that were never welcome within in the EDL right from the start the EDL's mission statement was to address the issue of "extremist islam" not the issue of all muslim's if you think back to when they first burst on to the scene they was on the front page of newspapers with members of all races burning a swastika flag in front of a black & white unity banner

EDL_1499192c.jpg

the EDL also had a number of Sikhs,Jews & Homosexuals at there earlier demonstrations, unfortunately as the numbers and the momentum grew, the EDL started to attract un-welcomed far right bods, despite the attempts to eradicate there attendance they continued to drag the EDL name through the mud, thus leading to the demise of the EDL

once again we have strayed from the thread topic- lets get back to it before for Ackey loses his temper

Edited by OAFCM35

I wasn't taking the piss, I genuinely respect him if you listen to what he says there is a lot of truth in there, he doesn't appear frightened by anything even when he is confronted by angry men of his own faith, granted he may seem unsure how answer carefully chosen questions from persons in the media, as for the bloke with swastika tattoo, people like that were never welcome within in the EDL right from the start the EDL's mission statement was to address the issue of "extremist islam" not the issue of all muslim's if you think back to when they first burst on to the scene they was on the front page of newspapers with members of all races burning a swastika flag in front of a black & white unity banner

EDL_1499192c.jpg

the EDL also had a number of Sikhs,Jews & Homosexuals at there earlier demonstrations, unfortunately as the numbers and the momentum grew, the EDL started to attract un-welcomed far right bods, despite the attempts to eradicate there attendance they continued to drag the EDL name through the mud, thus leading to the demise of the EDL

once again we have strayed from the thread topic- lets get back to it before for Ackey loses his temper

I stand by my observation of him being frightened, confused and being exploited. As where the LGBT group, Kermits 'section' and others drafted in the justify the EDL's position as 'inclusive' - all a bizarre publicity stunt.

I take it, by the way you write, you were involved in the EDL, probably the FYC too - I suppose the two go hand in hand. How on Earth you can defend the group who's main policy was to get hooligans drunk in groups in front of Greggs for five years and abuse people, is beyond me.