Sheff Utd Away

I think ALWAYS get a result is perhaps a case of selective memory.

Had plenty of bad days / nights at Brammel Lane. Watching Latics lose on NYD (a regular think under JR - think he didn't put a curfew on drinking), getting embarrssed in the Zenith Systems are a couple of my less than positive memories of following Latics there.

Couple of decent results in this division though...

I think ALWAYS get a result is perhaps a case of selective memory.

Had plenty of bad days / nights at Brammel Lane. Watching Latics lose on NYD (a regular think under JR - think he didn't put a curfew on drinking), getting embarrssed in the Zenith Systems are a couple of my less than positive memories of following Latics there.

Couple of decent results in this division though...

I was at that ZDS game. Weren't there about 15 of us?

Record at Bramall lane whilst I've been a Latics fan

86/87 L0-2

87-88 W5-0

89/90 L1-2

90/91 L2-7 ZDS after being 2-0 up

91/92 L0-2

92/93 L0-2

93/94 L1-2

94/95 L0-2

95/96 L1-2

96/97 D2-2

11/12 W3-2

12/13 D1-1

13/14 D1-1

Historically a graveyard only recently the 5-0 apart have we nicked anything

I went to University in Sheffield and went with my Blade supporting girlfriend to that 95/96 L1-2. We were one up against the run of play then they equalised, a draw would have been a fair result but Nicky Banger I think decided to fanny about with it on the edge of our box, they nicked in and got the winner. She leaned in a gave me a peck on the cheek and I've never been as annoyed at football as that moment.

Record at Bramall lane whilst I've been a Latics fan

86/87 L0-2

87-88 W5-0

89/90 L1-2

90/91 L2-7 ZDS after being 2-0 up

91/92 L0-2

92/93 L0-2

93/94 L1-2

94/95 L0-2

95/96 L1-2

96/97 D2-2

11/12 W3-2

12/13 D1-1

13/14 D1-1

Historically a graveyard only recently the 5-0 apart have we nicked anything

That looks about right. Last 4 unbeaten seems out of kilter with the normal football balance from my time following Latics. Seen too many of those defeats but the 3-2 last minute win a few years back was a delightful day :-)

Sheffield Utd 7 - 2 Oldham Athletic. I think we were 2-0 up at HT.

Is there a worse second half performance in living memory? If I recall they scored more goals in the one game, than they had managed in all the league games that season up to that point.

I went to University in Sheffield and went with my Blade supporting girlfriend to that 95/96 L1-2. We were one up against the run of play then they equalised, a draw would have been a fair result but Nicky Banger I think decided to fanny about with it on the edge of our box, they nicked in and got the winner. She leaned in a gave me a peck on the cheek and I've never been as annoyed at football as that moment.

Andy Hughes put us 1-0 up

Yep Rickers and Nick Henry's first equaliser was non too shabby

Remember that, we were sat in the upper part of the stand and IIRC they only had three stands!

Also remember the 5-0 although young, I'm sure I missed the first two goals as we were trying to get in!