SKY SPORTS NEWS REPORTER just said hes spoken to LJ this morning and this is definitely not what he needs. The reporter says directors here in new york and las vegas holding a telephone conference and he doubts this will go ahead

Edited by Just a forte

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cynical me thinks this board meeting to purely to get the conpany line rehearsed and finetuned.

Hopefull me is still clinging to the faint hope its to rethink the decision and do the needed U-turn.

I see the judge jury and executioners are up early today..

IF the talk of Latics now having a board meeting to decide whether to continue with Evans signing or not is true then it really does show what a pathetic mis-managed club this is.

All this should have been done BEFORE offering Evans a contract.

What would the fans reaction be , how would sponsors accept it , how would it affect the other players in the squad and more importantly was the manager up for it.

To now discuss these issues after news has broken is without doubt so naive it is almost unbelievable.

Latics - i have supported you for 50 years , i am not bothered if we sign Evans or not but you truly are a PATHETIC football club.

Some of the hypocrisy on this thread is to be frank,appalling-

Remember this?

'Let him without sin cast the 1st stone'.

Everyone deserves a second chance- remember Lee Hughes????

It's interesting that this quote from Jesus, speaking in John's gospel, has come up several times on this thread. The story (in John chapter 8) is of the religious people who were trying to trap Jesus into permitting them to carry out capital punishment against Roman law. They were asking if they could stone a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. In other words this woman was just a pawn in their attempt to catch out Jesus.

In the case before us here there is a woman also who has not been very prominent in our discussions. According to law she is the victim here. She might also be portrayed as a pawn. But surely any rehabilitation of an offender has to give at least equal if not more consideration to the victim herself. What would we be saying to her and to other vulnerable women if we were to give this person "a second chance"?

I do not express a public opinion. But I simply point you to the Scripture.

It's 8.30am. I'm back at work, as are the others. Can we not do the whole insults thing?

Its cool,its an emotive subject obviously,i can understand that.

My position is that everyone deserves a second chance,

An eye for an eye,and the world goes blind...

It's 8.30am. I'm back at work, as are the others. Can we not do the whole insults thing?

Can we not have every one in the whole :censored:ing country having a go at me personally because I support OAFC?

Also can we not play this out in public?

Finally, can we not have Christmas again?

In conclusion, sign the :censored:er, the damage is already done.

Edited by blueatheart

Take away what he has done, or whether he is guilty or not. (Which some refute in spite of him being found guilty)

From a PR point, from a fans vs fans infighting point. From a media circus point - HE CANNOT SIGN.

Then when you add the rest in....

It baffles me that sone still want him.

Edited by pukka

It's interesting that this quote from Jesus, speaking in John's gospel, has come up several times on this thread. The story (in John chapter 8) is of the religious people who were trying to trap Jesus into permitting them to carry out capital punishment against Roman law. They were asking if they could stone a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. In other words this woman was just a pawn in their attempt to catch out Jesus.

In the case before us here there is a woman also who has not been very prominent in our discussions. According to law she is the victim here. She might also be portrayed as a pawn. But surely any rehabilitation of an offender has to give at least equal if not more consideration to the victim herself. What would we be saying to her and to other vulnerable women if we were to give this person "a second chance"?

The church probably has more rapists working for it than any other organisation. If your going to take a stance against giving Ched another go have a look at the organisation you work for.

Can we not have every one in the whole :censored:ing country having a go at me personally because I support OAFC?

Also can we not play this out in public?

Finally, can we not have Christmas again?

In conclusion, sign the :censored:er, the damage is already done.

I don't agree with your stance on signing Evans, or Christmas, but sure, let's definitely do the others.

The church probably has more rapists working for it than any other organisation. If your going to take a stance against giving Ched another go have a look at the organisation you work for.

I trust you can back up that astonishing claim.

Take away what he has done, or whether he is guilty or not. (Which some refute in spite of him being found guilty)

From a PR point, from a fans vs fans infighting point. From a media circus point - HE CANNOT SIGN.

Then when you add the rest in....

It baffles me that sone still want him.

And what if he didn't do any wrong,what if he IS innocent?Ask yourself this,has there EVER been a miscarriage of justice in this country?Well,yes there bloody weel has,numerous times! Who are we to be judge jury and executioner?

All the Punctuos Pilates on this thread will look like a right bunch of bottom feeders if it ever comes to light he did nowt wrong.

Its cool,its an emotive subject obviously,i can understand that.

My position is that everyone deserves a second chance,

An eye for an eye,and the world goes blind...

If the victim was your mum, sister, daughter, grandma you still holding the same opinion?

If the victim was your mum, sister, daughter, grandma you still holding the same opinion?

I honestly,hand on heart dont know,i have never been in that position.I'd like to think i would forgive if contrition was offered,i watched a documentary on the brighton bomb and was moved to tears watching that Berry girl who is now close frinds with the fellow who killed here dad,i'd like ot think i could be like her and i think the world would be a better place if there were more like her?

Edited by rigsby

If you believe that we should look for guidance from a 2000 year old fairy story then words fail me!

My major concern here is who is running the show at OAFC regarding the team! Corney is leaving LJ in an untenable position

If you believe that we should look for guidance from a 2000 year old fairy story then words fail me!

How wonderfully tolerant of you! :shifty:

However, it wasn't me who quoted the Bible. Several others have done and I just picked up on it. I wonder why they did?

Edited by The Chaplain

Putting on the moral stuff to one side (which we shouldn't) I can't believe that people still want Evans even if Lee Johnson doesn't. This only ends badly.

More concerning is those who were vocal in support of this are now backtracking because the manager isn't keen on the idea, as if his opinion holds more weight than that of the vast majority of the supporters.